The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 531 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Any of you guys see Nick Mordin said about ST Nicholas Abbey on his website quite intresting stuff.

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

canford cliffs must be in with a chance, r.hughes said it was the best horse he’d ridden, and he’s never won a british classic.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"darren83" wrote: Any of you guys see Nick Mordin said about ST Nicholas Abbey on his website quite intresting stuff.

If he said lay him, fill your boots! :lol:

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Hi Fist

Elusive Pimpernel

Regarding 1mile I see it differently. The horse was asleep in the ‘Racing Post’ and then ran on. It was a false race that ended in a sprint and I think the connections were happy to be second before the race – leave some for next time. Going good/soft not ideal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjTgpAOK_Vs

Some interesting comments here as well. Glad I got my share of 25-1 for the Derby!

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news … 11008.html

Interested to see how much muscle he’s put on. My doubts about the Derby will be coming down the hill.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Went through the race earlier trying to work out exactly what is where in relation to the others.

St. Nicholas Abbey is in 2nd
    1 length behind –
    2L –
    3L – Awzaan (Middle Park > Poet’s Voice)
    4L – Elusive Pimpernel (RP Trophy > St Nick) & Emerald Commander (Acomb > Elusive Pimpernel)
    5L – Poet’s Voice (Acomb > Elusive Pimpernel)
    6L – Arcano (Morny > Canford Cliffs), Canford Cliffs (Coventry > Xtension)
    7L – Al Zir (RP Trophy > St Nick)
    8L –
    9L –
    10L –
    11L –
    12L – Xtension (Vintage > Mata Keranjang), Beethoven (Dewhurst > Xtension), Fencing Master (Dewhurst > Xtension)
    13L – Mata Keranjang (Acomb > Elusive Pimpernel)

You seemed to have missed the winner Zark!

Haha Gord you make me laugh. Workforce is the leader because you put him at the top of Zarkava’s work?

Doesn’t even fit into the form lines!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

His form lines dont concern me Halfway,its the beast himself,he just oozes Class!Money talks too and this fellow is being well supported,so its not just me that thinks so! :lol:

Workforce

is now 10/1 with the Magic sign!! :shock:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Since my email in the racingpost on thursday the price keeps coming down for Workforce must be down to my email. :D

• Total Posts 1511

10/1 Surely is geting on a very short price….

Has workforce even been confirmed for the Craven?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Actually Workforce would fit in nicely via Beethoven, Alfred Nobel & Oasis Star. Internet too slow on my iphone to check right now. Of course my formlines are a total mix of 6, 7 and 8f form. Bit unfair having Awzaan 2nd on the strength of 6f form but it’s designed to be a rough guideline.

newyork
    • Total Posts 215

Its going to be a very interesting race indeed. Canford cliffs was very impressive in his 1st 2 runs no doubt about it,but then there was no excuse why he was beaten in the morny for me he was just beaten by 2 better horses plain and simply really and he doesn’t scream classic winner either, xtension who was 2nd in the coventry didn’t have the speed for 6 furlongs and will be better for a mile plus this yr.Workforce was impressive in his maiden,but micheal Stoute has had a lot of horses like him over the yrs but when push comes to the shove they tend to be found wanting. (king of happiness,evasion zactino) are just 3 that spring to mind.The ballydoyle horses are as usually respected there can be no doubt that if Stienbeck was fit and well then i seriously doubt SNA would be lining up,but then i doubt if they didn’t believe he had the speed for the guineas then they wouldn’t run him.Its funny how some people seem to forget just how fast a horse montjey himself was most so i dont subscribe to the theory that his progeny arent quick enough to win 8/10 furlong races its like what people use to say about the danehill,that he would never sire any top middle distance horses but he did

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Oh. Well, erm, on a formline through Alfred Nobel, Beethoven, Oasis Dancer and Workforce, not taking into account the difference in trips and improvement from race to race, Workforce is 10L superior to Beethoven.

Which puts him 2L behind St. Nicholas Abbey.

Which puts him ahead of anything else.

Oh.

However, that’s based on the National, Tattersalls Millions and the maiden.

Base it around the Phoenix, Tattersalls Millions and maiden and he’s 15 1/2L superior to Beethoven. Which puts him 3 1/2L ahead of St. Nicholas Abbey.

Actually based on the BC Juvenile and Acomb Stakes, the 4L deficit that Elusive Pimpernel has with St. Nicholas Abbey is confirmed.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Base it around the Phoenix, Tattersalls Millions and maiden and he’s 15 1/2L superior to Beethoven. Which puts him 3 1/2L ahead of St. Nicholas Abbey.

3 lengths will do Zarkava! :wink:

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I guess that makes him the best horse in England, France and Ireland last year.Does that rating tell anything about Canford Castle, or Awzaan ? Pity he did not have three or more races like the other ones. Talk about running under the radar.Does Sir M.S. know how good he is?

• Total Posts 629

Are any SNA backers worried that a horse that he beat ‘Passion For Gold’
    went on to win when upped to 1m 2f?

None of his Rp Trophy victims looked like the mile was far enough for them either.

Another thought – doesn’t Aidan train them specifically for Newmarket – going months back?
    He normally talks of how a slight mishap can scupper their chances.

With ‘Steinbeck’ being the first choice originally and SNA being drafted in due to his setback – is this another cause for concern?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Talk about running under the radar.Does Sir M.S. know how good he is?

Sir Michael will know exactly how good

Workforce

is,he will know that if he has got any sense, to supplement him for the Derby too!This horse could win the Guineas and the Derby! Who will give me the double at 100/1? 8) Another thing "Andyod" the dogs were barking at something in Newmarket last week and it wasn"t me walking down the High st with my Cape, Crown and Sceptre! :lol:

• Total Posts 629

Wasn’t there a chain a thought that horses don’t win over a mile and then the Derby distance?

I.e. why Sea The Stars, Zarkava seemed so special – now they are like buses these trip adaptable types! :lol:

Don’t get me wrong – I like to see the stats and trends blown apart…

but it weren’t too long ago that people doubted that a horse with form in ‘Manduro’ could do both!

As for the 100/1 double – go ask those that laid Binocular 999/1! :shock:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Workforce will win the 2000 guineas.However he get beat by ST Nicholas Abbey when the latter steps up in trip as the derby is the destiny of ST Nicholas Abbey.It is in the stars :D

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 531 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.