The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2.45 Lingfield Saturday

Home Forums Horse Racing 2.45 Lingfield Saturday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Keen punters will doubtless be interested in tomorrow’s Lingfield nursery in which small time trainer Peter Grayson saddles all 5 runners.<br>Doubtless all will be trying and he doesn’t know which will win.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

In his defence Lingfield, he probably doesn’t know which one will win. Although that may just be me being cynical…….

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Will be fascinating to see if they all run. Stoneacre Gareth ran at Wolverhampton last night, Kilvickeon ran on the 27th, Foxy Music the 26th whilst Grange Lili who ran on 23rd and 26th is due to run today along with Wibbadune who also ran on the 22nd. Nothing like keeping them busy.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

The new Michael Dickinson has arrived.

TMWANG50TMWANG50
    • Total Posts 69

Is there nothing in the jockey club rules to prohibit this? Seems very odd has it ever happened before, it does cast question marks of whether all horses will be running true to form on the day??

Surely his owners can’t be impressed unless they own all five??

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>Tmwang50,

Rules are no longer anything to do with the Jockey Club – it’s the HRA that controls racing now.

There’s no rule covering this since it’s just pure chance that the other trainers that had entries opted not to declare. There’s certainly nothing to prevent a trainer having multiple runners in a race and there have been examples of more than five – I seem to remember Pipe having eight or nine in a Taunton handicap hurdle not long ago.

As for the owners, why would you be unhappy at running in a five runner race with prize money for most?

And a previous occurrence, didn’t an Irish trainer provide both runners in a Cartmel race earlier this year – I’m sure Graysonscolumn will be able to confirm.

AP

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

That would be regular UK visitor JJ Lambe who’s Zurs was beaten by Casilean Ui Cuain in Aug 2004.

Can’t ever remember anything like the situation we have at Lingers on Saturday where the trainer has the only 5 runners in a race.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Anyone fancy backing the unnamed favourite?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

I notice the same trainer had 3 of the 6 2yo’s in the first at Wolver today, and managed to garner £1,206.20 place money for his troubles.<br> Maybe he is a latter day Peter Poston, (Or was it Meacock ?), another who found a way to earn a crust without being too concerned with results?:)  

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Down to a match now. Given Grange Lili’s profile of inconsistency and the fact that Foxy Music has shaped well enough behind Minnow on his last 2 starts, any mileage in a cheeky bet on the outsider?

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Kind of thought that only 2 would run with the favourite winning;)

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

What was the excuse for the three non-runners?  Vets certificates? :exageratedly rolls eyes:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

That left a very sour taste. The head on strongly suggests that McCarthy’s half-hearted taps with the whip were nothing but air shots.

If I wanted to contact the HRA about this, does anyone have an email address?

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Interesting that Grange Lili was taken out the maiden yesterday at Wolves due to transport problems yet the other four runners from the stable managed to get there ok to run.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Quote: from davidjohnson on 4:08 pm on Dec. 30, 2006[br]That left a very sour taste. The head on strongly suggests that McCarthy’s half-hearted taps with the whip were nothing but air shots.

If I wanted to contact the HRA about this, does anyone have an email address?<br>

From their website, contact address is info@thehra.org

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.