119 year old virgin ready to strike.

Home Forums General Sports 119 year old virgin ready to strike.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

I know what your thinking…… but your wrong….. Conundrum is not quite that old. :lol:

Round about this time next week Marcus Trescothick will be going down in the history books as the captain to lead Somerset CCC to their first ever County Championship title. After 2428 games since their introduction to life back in 1891 never have we had so much pride and anticipation in our side as for the upcoming week. :twisted:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

Could Somerset become if next week ends in the perfect format the 1st winning championship virgin to pull off the double?……… I wonder. :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

It’s raining on our parade……. :cry:

Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

It’s unbearable already, I’m not going to spend another day listening to the radio biting my nails. I’m off to work. :lol:

Good luck to Kent and Lancashire.

Come on

Somerset

….!

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3004

Nathan,

Tough luck. I watched the last hour from Old Trafford – Lancashire were tough in the field, but they batted like men with a serious ante-post slip back in the dressing room. It was like watching catching practice before play begins.

AP

PompetePompete
    • Total Posts 2392

I can’t believe it Nathan :(

Unlucky mate – there’s now only one thing to get over the disappointment:

Cider

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink048.gif

Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

Tough luck indeed AP especially given that Somerset have been runners up twice now this season when finishing tied in both. Notts were best priced 16/1 last night… :shock:

Pompete, Cider tastes better with the glory………roll on Saturday’s final.. :lol:

Maxilion if your reading this well done to your boys you stuck in there after a couple of bad results and a few frustrating days this week… sods. :mrgreen:

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3017

Bad luck Nathan, must have been a real sickener. Only 6-7 more overs to chase the target could have made the difference. As a Surrey man I was over the moon for Ali Brown, he’s a good bloke.

Best of luck for tomorrow, your boys don’t deserve another defeat.

Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

Well by far the best season Somerset have ever had since I’ve been watching them and to end up with three runners up places is hard to take.

Great knock by Bell but I cant help feeling Somerset committed suicide when Compton ran out Hildreth 179-3 with 10 overs left and Tahir having no joy. After that Tahir who I’ve always said on this forum is a bully of tail-enders proved again what a class act he is. :cry:

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3004

Nathan,

The decision to use a one dimensional pie thrower for the third last over when Bell was on strike didn’t seem very bright.

Not saying they could have stopped Warwick winning at that point, but their only chance was to get Bell out, and that bloke was never going to do it. As it was, they went from 1.4 to 1.01 in four balls!

AP

Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

I totally agree AP. Trescothick has captained the side very well this season but that was madness. Botha had done a reasonable job when bowling his slow left armers for Warwick in keeping the runs down and Somerset missed a trick in the middle overs by not throwing the ball to Suppiah.

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

You need to get the other side more drunk before the final act perhaps.

Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

Well it’s a 123 year old vir-gin now and it’s still early days this sea-son but the Cham-pion-ship side is look-ing o-k at the mo-ment.

If you are wondering what the hell the – is doing between words, it is because I’m whispering it quietly.

Written off by the bookies as 2nd favs for relegation at the start of the season this team should now be 2nd favs to win. The batting looks as strong as ever with Trescothick returning slowly to the kind of form one would expect. Myburgh is a good addition and can also score quickly. Compton will hopefully not get a recall(breaking this virginity is more important than sodding England) Peterson is experienced and solid middle order player, if Hildy can maintain a more consistent season he has the class to hit lots of runs, Trego is a machine and Kieswetter is happy now Butler has move on and keep his little hands warm behind the stumps without getting the green eyed monster. :mrgreen:
    Bowling was a worry pre season but the young guns have come out fighting with Gregory and Overton in particular showing bright signs ahead. Too many draws at Taunton could still be a problem but since Phil Frost was replaced the new head groundsman isn’t afraid to leave the wicket looking green when the time is right.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2138

Unbelievable Somerset never won when they had Botham, Richards and Garner in the side although remember them picking up a few one day trophies mainly thanks to a Viv masterclass and Garner’s above the sightscreen yorkers :lol:

Sorry Nathan but just hoping for a 33rd :? CC Title for Yorkshire. Going along nicely today. Is the Holmes-Sutcliffe record opening stand of 555 achievable :?:

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2138

As soon as I post this he’s out :roll: 375 opening stand not bad though 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.