The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sussex Stakes 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Sussex Stakes 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7671

THE GURKHA 4/1

With older horses at a mile not that good see a 3yo winning it and think AOB colt to turn form around though he was 2nd at Ascot more down to ride Dettori gave winner.If The Gurkha more closer to pace at Goodwood i see him outstaying Galieo Gold.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

If he goes here I’ll be backing him 100% just need to wait and see what version of Mullins’ musical chairs Aiden plays this year

Participant
    • Total Posts 31477

I think that The Gurkha will end up here and win. O’Brien will possibly take his own pacemaker to ensure the gallop is a fair one.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1605

The ghurka all day for me. Only doubt is the track which can lead to horses leaning in to the rail. Great price at 4/1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I must be the only one on this forum who isn’t blown away by the Gurkha. Think he’s been overhyped.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6126

I’ll be backing Galileo Gold with a substantial degree of confidence

Participant
    • Total Posts 31477

I must be the only one on this forum who isnโ€™t blown away by the Gurkha. Think heโ€™s been overhyped.

You got strange taste though Judge, I mean if Douvan doesn’t do it for you then not much will

Participant
    • Total Posts 6124

Sorry Nath but I agree with Judge. Until he does it in very top class he is just another over hyped over rated O’Brien horse and there have been many of those!!

AROD e/w 20/1 will seem a massive price if it comes up with firm in the going. Second to Solow last year is no disgrace!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

When did I say I didn’t rate Douvan? :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31477

For some reason I thought it was you Judge.
    But I’ve just been back and checked and it was not.
    Sorry about that, my excuse is I have not got much between the ears…. :rose:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

๐Ÿ™‚

Actually tbf when I made that post assumed The Gurkha would be about evs- it’s all about the price I suppose.

Participant
    • Total Posts 118

BELARDO

I think if they pitch him in here he has a cracking chance of going close. 4th in the Irish 1000 last year he has come on far better than I ever imagined to be honest. He has had a busy career, but lets not forget his was a Dewhurst winner at two, his three year old campaign never materialised which is not unknown to us being with Godolphin. His Sire Lope De Vega never ran beyond his three year old Career which in fact should of put me off slightly. I was really taken with his win at Newbury when flying home in the Lockinge and the ground was probably a little to dead for him in the Queen Anne, but to lose by just half a length to the american star on ground that not suited was a massive run for me.

If he gets good ground at turns up in the Sussex Stakes the bet I have on each way at 14/1 would please me no end, as this horse not only knows where the finishing line is, it’s the fact he is a tough nut and wants to win.Out of the jockey’s who that have ridden him in the past I would be even more happier if Atzeni gets a recall, the way he found another gear once Atzeni let the reign out he was gone and not stopping.

BELARDO : 2pts each way (14/1 Taken) – Generally 10/1 across the board now.

:good: :good:

Darren P Goodbody

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Anyone backed Galileo Gold off the back of the Eclipse?

Participant
    • Total Posts 6126

Anyone backed Galileo Gold off the back of the Eclipse?

I backed him earlier this week in anticipation of defeat for TG ๐Ÿ™‚

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8249

At a big price I am giving Awtaad one more chance as he sits 1/1 with Galileo Gold at the moment.

All excuses aside he was impressive in winning at the Curragh and although Frankie rode Galileo Gold well for victory next time it’s all about value and I’ll side with 10/1 on the Irish Guineas winner.

Kevin Prendergast said the Marois was the favoured target about three weeks ago, hence the 12/1 for Awtaad at that time. Just like the Tory party in recent times, Kevin has had a u-turn and stated that it’s all about the Sussex Stakes now.

I feel he will be nearer 5/1 if he lines up and I expect his odds to contract as the word gets through that the Sussex is the target now.

10/1 each way 1-2-3 looks a lock as a bet.

Awtaad 10/1 each way 1-2-3 places 1/5th odds a place.

PaddyPower only go 6/1

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

Would be extremely surprised if Galileo Gold dosent win this. The only out and out miler in the field with the best turn of foot.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31477

That wasn’t your view before the St James Palace Stakes though Goreisking. You were all over The Gurkha that day. Galileo Gold had the run of the race that day but even with the trouble The Gurkha found in running he was closing all the way to the line. Connections have stuck to a mile with Galileo Gold but I’m not sure they view him as an out and out miler and had he lost we possibly could have seen him entered up in the Eclispe, lets not forget they were keen enough to view him as a Derby horse if not for the DNA test.
    I see the Gurkha going off favourite here, keeping close tabs on GG and winning. I’m happy with 4/1.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.