The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

You’resothrilling

Home Forums Horse Racing You’resothrilling

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

1000 Guineas winner in the making.

Very impressive yesterday. Also on her debut a couple of Saturdays ago when she finished second. That was a very good run for a filly on her debut against colts and more expierenced types to finish as fast as she did in a 5f after being outpaced suggests there is so much more to come.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from aidanldrebin on 1:22 pm on June 5, 2007[br]1000 Guineas winner in the making.

Very impressive yesterday. Also on her debut a couple of Saturdays ago when she finished second. That was a very good run for a filly on her debut against colts and more expierenced types to finish as fast as she did in a 5f after being outpaced suggests there is so much more to come.

1000 Guineas winner in the making, a bit optimistic there Aidan !. Yeh she looks a decent filly, the fact she is out so early suggests she is one of O Briens more precocious types, but I would be amazed if he hasn’t 3 or 4 better fillies than her, the slow maturing types that will be out a bit later in the year.<br>Actually looked at the replay this morning, thought the horse in 4th didn’t get the best of runs, certainly worth keeping an eye on.

psychosis
    • Total Posts 35

Somebody with relevant net access will be able to answer this one definitively, (web nazis at work block most racing sites for me) but i’d strongly doubt whether many Guineas winners over the past 10 years have been seen out twice by this stage in their juvenile seasons…

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

Attraction had run three times by now and George Washington had run twice.  Can only think of the two off the top of my head, but it shows early form is no bar to Guineas success.<br>

(Edited by Sal at 2:40 pm on June 5, 2007)

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

This filly is getting One Thousand Guineas quotes now similar to those available about Finsceal Beo after she’d spreadeagled her field by five lengths in the Prix Marcel Boussac. She’s clearly useful but it’s just ridiculous.

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Agreed Gus. The bookies are trying to stitch us up and play on peoples fears. i.e. if she wins again she will shorten up so I better back her now.

I think with her pedigree she will have more to offer and could be a smart filly.

http://www.myspace.com/racingtips

(Edited by aidanldrebin at 8:37 pm on June 5, 2007)

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

I thought she was very eyecatching first run and is certainly one to keep on the right side. However, anyone backing her for the guineas at this stage surely wants their head examining.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Aidan you have kind of contradicted yourself on this thread, you think she’ll win the guineas but now your agreeing with Gus?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Far too soon to be talking Guineas but looks a leading contender for the Albany. Bar Sweepstake, all the juvenile fillies to impress me so far are likely to go for the Queen Mary I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.