The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

You have to get rid of three tracks

Home Forums Horse Racing You have to get rid of three tracks

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Chester – 32 deg heat, squashed like sardines and the announcement "gentlemen may loosen their ties!!!"<br>Furthermore they’re trying to Chesterify my beloved Bangor being as we are now Siamese twins joined at the wallet!

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Quote: from davidbrady on 9:43 pm on Dec. 17, 2006[br]Newbury a big money-spinner for you HJ?<br>

Personal grievancies David!

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Have to agree about Chester,too busy and full of ppl who have no interest whatsoever in the racing.<br>Most that go there just fancy a p**s
    up!!

Would dread being at the new Ascot when it’s busy.

Still feel Southwell’s turf course (flat and NH) is well under used.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Drone, I’d love to cook the local dish but I’m allergic to fruit:biggrin:

And some of you would get rid of Nottingham?  Why?

Level as a freshly pressed CD, lush turf which is kind to the horses, very little bias in races over a mile plus, the paddock ten seconds away from the ring, loads of space to breathe and popular with good horses from Newmarket. Plus relatively easy to predict results. I’m shocked!!  

What with Doncaster out for another year, I’d be bolloxed if some of you lot were in charge of the fixture list!:cheesy:

(Edited by Maxilon 5 at 12:06 am on Dec. 18, 2006)

Plato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 12

Kempton Aw<br>Wolverhampton<br>Lingfield Aw

Uninteresting racing.Unattractive tracks.Off course bookies fodder racing.<br>Surface never runs two days alike.Everytime someone espouses a theory about these tracks the very next meeting the reverse occurs.Makes every serious punter I know look like a mug.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from Plato on 12:06 am on Dec. 18, 2006[br]Kempton Aw<br>Wolverhampton<br>Lingfield Aw

Uninteresting racing.Unattractive tracks.Off course bookies fodder racing.<br>Surface never runs two days alike.Everytime someone espouses a theory about these tracks the very next meeting the reverse occurs.Makes every serious punter I know look like a mug.

PMSL, sorry Plato

this crap just cracks me up m8

(Edited by empty wallet at 1:39 am on Dec. 18, 2006)

indocine
    • Total Posts 489

A bit of opportunism but I would ban the AW track at Musselburgh. The R&A seem not to give a monkeys about this proposed sacrilege which is shameful. The council don’t give a monkeys coz all they’re interested in is a new revenue. stream The existing track was built (mostly) around the golf course when heritage meant nothing which is understandable, but to butcher it once again for the sake of poor horses running on tyres under floodlights is crazy. I don’t even like golf but to start digging up greens at a place that is 400 years old, the oldest course in the world and where the first 4 open championships were played just seems entirely crass and vulgar beyond belief.<br>

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5124

Quote: from Maxilon 5 on 12:05 am on Dec. 18, 2006[br]

And some of you would get rid of Nottingham?  Why?

Great shame they got rid of the NH course as it was a very fair track, akin to Worcester. Enjoyed my occasional visits though haven’t been back since.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Nothing wrong with Brighton.<br>I would get rid of <br>kempton aw<br>windsor<br>folkestone flat

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Always baffled by this hostility to Kempton…but the AW track maybe was a mistake and they should have concentrated on the much needed east london course instead. Having said that, Kempton’s flat programme was nothing special anyway (and has been transferred). But its a realxed course (except boxing day) with decent viewing

Flat        Catterick. Not been there but looks a bit ragged and theres no shortage of courses around there. Epsom is somewhere i dislike too

Jumps    Sedgefield was pretty horrible when i visited

If i could get rid of a festival, it would be royal ascot. Embarrassing waste of good racing

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Talking of courses, when will Great Leighs open?

It’s 18th December and my 2006 (yes, 2006) Wm Hill diary has it marked on their map. However, no racing.

What’s going on?

Catterick….theres no shortage of courses around there

Eh?

Steve

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

I’d be inclined to say

AW – Southwell<br>Flat – Southwell<br>NH – Southwell

Job done! :biggrin:

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

<br>Steve,

First meeting is now scheduled for Feb 22nd, using temporary stands in the centre of the track, with the main grandstand due to open in September.

They are currently paying £15,000 per fixture for the meetings that are being transferred to other tracks, so they have a significant incentive to hit that target.

AP

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from apracing on 1:33 pm on Dec. 18, 2006[br]They are currently paying £15,000 per fixture for the meetings that are being transferred to other tracks, so they have a significant incentive to hit that target.

Do you mean in terms of lost revenue or are they actually physically paying money to other tracks to take their fixtures. If it’s the 2nd one, then why? Surely the other AW tracks are more than happy to have increased fixtures and revenue themselves without fleecing an, as yet, unopened course as well.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

with the main grandstand due to open in September.

September??!

According to my diary, the course was meant to be opened in early October 2006.  

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.