The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

York Day 3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Day 3: Big race is the Yorkshire cup.. I have it between three:<br>Sgt Cecil<br>Percussionist<br>Rising Cross

Everyone knows about the sarge and his comeback run was promising enough to make him a worthy favourite. Does carry a penalty however. Percussionist has a great record fresh and two and a half months should be long enough. If the ground was soft he would have been the one for me. Rising Cross ran some good race in defeat last year and won the G2 Park Hill stakes on her last start in Britain. Heart of a lion and if she’s wound she poses a threat to the sarge. However, as i’m finding it difficult to side i’m just going to watch.

Bet of the day for me is Promising Lead in the 3.15. I backed her last night at even money and while I thinnk Graduation and Satulagi have claims she looks a potentially high class filly.

2.15 is very hard.. I would be looking for a 4-5 yr old drawn low if possible. I’ll tentatively put up Kilimandscharo and Bauer (If he was drawn lower i’d probably take just him) as my two against the field.

First race, I have no idea!!! :biggrin: :cool:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

2-y-o listed race is interesting. I like Presto Vento providing she’ll be given a stronger ride than she got behind her short-priced stablemate on debut. No surprise to see her taking up this engagement rather than Cake who I felt was fortunate to beat her.

Filios should have won at Haydock last time and should gain compensation in the 5.00.

Wasn’t of the opinion that Promising lead did enough to justify being 5 times shorter than Graduation considering the latter has less than a length to make up.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

What a horse – giving weight all round, over a distance short of his best, and still they can’t stop him!<br>You’d have to laugh at the ‘shrewdie’ Jimbo. Advises the nation that Munsef was a value bet because "He’ll improve for the step up from 12f" – wtf did he think Sergeant C. was going to do – regress? :biggrin:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The obsession with Sergeant Cecil is getting as tiresome as that with Persian Punch imo. Both merely slow geldings imo.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Come on DJ… Have a heart!!! :biggrin: :o

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from davidjohnson on 4:13 pm on May 18, 2007[br]The obsession with Sergeant Cecil is getting as tiresome as that with Persian Punch imo. Both merely slow geldings imo.<br>

<br>They need summat to divert attention away from the corruption and rigged SP’s David

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

DJ

The obsession may be because he isn’t slow enough to stop him winning races!<br>7/17 in the past 3 seasons, none of them odds-on, and tidy 34 points level stakes profit to those daft enough to support him.;)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

For some of his biggest fans Buy me Please

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.