The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Yeah, Tanks For That

Home Forums Horse Racing Yeah, Tanks For That

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Man who backed himself not have a winner at the Festival produces that – anyone here back it for any reason other than jockey/trainer?

Anoraks need not reply.

BlackSamBellamy
    • Total Posts 53

More info?

RedRum77RedRum77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1549

More info?

This is a guy who just likes to moan, don’t encourage him. :roll:
    Plen he was tipped by Pricewise, so the must have been something there. Just you didn’t see it.

TANKS FOR THAT kept up the hot streak for in-form trainer Nicky Henderson and struck for the fans of Pricewise when he ran out an impressive winner at Cheltenham on Friday.

The 13-2 winner was advised at 9-1 by Pricewise and the selection did not disappoint as he jumped superbly on his way to a commanding three-length success.

Victory gave Henderson his eighth winner from his last 12 runners.

Jockey Barry Geraghty was eager to press on under Tanks For That and he soon established a clear lead, with Nomecheki close up in second.

With Tanks For That setting a good pace out in front, 11-4 favourite Crack Away Jack was tucked away under Ruby Walsh on his first start for trainer Paul Nicholls while 7-1 chance Havingotascoobydo stalked his main market rival.

But just as Crack Away Jack began to scythe through the pack, he made a juddering blunder four from home, which horse and rider did well to recover from.

At that point, Tanks For That went for home and only I’msingingtheblues, trained by David Pipe, was able to match strides with the leader.

Tanks For That was still going well with two to jump and two flying leaps ultimately sealed the victory with Havingotascoobydo running on stoutly to finish second.

Geraghty said: "I was anxious to get a breather into him and was waiting, waiting, waiting and he winged the last and put it to bed.

"He ran a good race behind Woolcombe Folly last year and he can be a bit keen early in races.

"I don’t see why [he couldn’t come back for the Grand Annual] as he loves it around here."

I’msingingtheblues claimed third, ahead of Keki Buki and Crack Away Jack.

BlackSamBellamy
    • Total Posts 53

I like to moan?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

More info?

"I don’t see why [he couldn’t come back for the Grand Annual] as he loves it around here."

Bet you he doesn’t win it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

And yes, I reserve the right to moan about an extremely expensive sport which, if people like me didn’t support it, would be dead. (it’s motoring towards its own extinction very quickly…)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

More info?

Plen he was tipped by Pricewise, so the must have been something there. Just you didn’t see it.

k.

Mate, if I was the kind of sad sack **** who had to rely on pricewise’s once-on-a-michaelmas-wednesday winners i wouldn’t have a word said about tanks for that come-back-to-life-in-race-connections-fancy-winning-race.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26580

Pleni,

You are allowed to moan, but you haven’t exactly said what you’re moaning about.

What was wrong with the ride/win/form?

value is everything
    Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

This is just flippin bizarre! Is it a puzzle of some sort? :?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Pleni,

You are allowed to moan, but you haven’t exactly said what you’re moaning about.

Ginge, with all due respect, naff off old boy.

This is the typical RF response: 12 hours later you formulate an argument. I asked a question of the forum: would you have backed it on its form or would you have blind-backed it because it was a BG-NH double act?

Since Pricewise was brought into the argument I’ll cite another RP luminary, Alistair Down, who said on Channel 4 straight away words to the effect of: I left it alone, didn’t fancy it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26580

Pleni,

This is the typical RF response: 12 hours later you formulate an argument. I asked a question of the forum: would you have backed it on its form or would you have blind-backed it because it was a BG-NH double act?

Since Pricewise was brought into the argument I’ll cite another RP luminary, Alistair Down, who said on Channel 4 straight away words to the effect of: I left it alone, didn’t fancy it.

Unfortunately Plenipot, I worked the race out too late and missed the best price Tanks For That, otherwise yes I would have backed it. There were genuine reasons to back the horse. Tanks for that’s over all record is a patchy one. However, looking at his record fresh it is much better. Indeed, his very best performance (prior to yesterday) was at this course first time out last season when showing improved form to be second to Woolcombe Folly. The winner there having to put up one of THE best handicap performances of the year to prevail. Tanks For that proven over yesterdays distance and ground, and with Henderson in unbelievable form. Trainer winner with 7 of his last 8 runners completed starts going in to the race.
    Looking back, I worked the race out wrongly and should have backed Tanks For That even at the reduced price.

If you can’t see any reason Tanks For That should win then I suggest it is time for you to give up betting Plenipot. :roll:

To recap: Good record fresh, acts at distance, on ground and course, improved on first start last season and trainer in brilliant form.

value is everything
    BlackSamBellamy
    • Total Posts 53

Rum,my apologies if I picked you up wrong,I thought you were saying I lie to moan.

Plen I’m genuinely not trying to be funny here,but I have no idea what you’re on about.

RedRum77RedRum77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1549

More info?

Bet you he doesn’t win it.

This was Pricewise saying this, not me.

More info?

k.

Mate, if I was the kind of sad sack **** who had to rely on pricewise’s once-on-a-michaelmas-wednesday winners i wouldn’t have a word said about tanks for that come-back-to-life-in-race-connections-fancy-winning-race.

All I’m saying was if Pricewise could dig the form up then so could anyone else. Although has Ginge pointed out it was hidden.

Pleni,

Unfortunately Plenipot, I worked the race out too late and missed the best price Tanks For That, otherwise yes I would have backed it. There were genuine reasons to back the horse. Tanks for that’s over all record is a patchy one. However, looking at his record fresh it is much better. Indeed, his very best performance (prior to yesterday) was at this course first time out last season when showing improved form to be second to Woolcombe Folly. The winner there having to put up one of THE best handicap performances of the year to prevail. Tanks For that proven over yesterdays distance and ground, and with Henderson in unbelievable form. Trainer winner with 7 of his last 8 runners completed starts going in to the race.
    Looking back, I worked the race out wrongly and should have backed Tanks For That even at the reduced price.

If you can’t see any reason Tanks For That should win then I suggest it is time for you to give up betting Plenipot. :roll:

To recap: Good record fresh, acts at distance, on ground and course, improved on first start last season and trainer in brilliant form.

See, and not once did he mentioned Timeform :lol:

Of course working out hidden form like this is part of the fun of studing form. However I suspect from previous posts of yours this is too much like hard work.

Myself I’d had no interest in the race.

BlackSamBellamy, apology accepted. I also like to moan, when the something to moan about. :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 26580

See, and not once did he mentioned Timeform :lol:

Et Tu Brute.

:lol:

value is everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Pleni,

I decided in the morning to back it because it looked the right set-up. But I have weeded out ‘looked the right set up’ from my punting because I think it is illogical and superstitious and eats profit in the long run. I looked at its form and could see a case but it’s overall form, as you say patchy, placed a doubt. Admittedly I left goes well fresh out of my calculations, it’s never been a strong motivating factor in me having a punt.
    I didn’t miss Glalaxy Rock the following day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.