The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Would Frankel Have Won The Derby?

Home Forums Horse Racing Would Frankel Have Won The Derby?

Viewing 3 posts - 103 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Black Caviar’s best Timeform ratings came on 18th Feb 2012 in the Lightning and 12th March 2011 in the Lexus….

Don’t mean to be pedantic here but the "Lexus" is actually the Grade 1 Newmarket Handicap – one of Australia’s biggest races and dating back to 1874. Calling it the Lexus is a bit like calling our Guineas, for instance, the "Qipco".

• Total Posts 20

There’s been plenty of very good and great Guineas winners beaten at Epsom, though on reflection, it probably wasn’t the greatest Derby. Treasure Beach ran ok a few times afterwards, but Carlton House clearly wasn’t top class, Memphis Tennessee likewise or Native Khan. Who knows what Pour Moi would’ve achieved, but they finished in a heap that day, so chances are he was of a similar level.
    The getting to settle problem would be been the biggest issue as others have said, there’s no way he’d have won had Queally let him go like he did at Newmarket and chances are, Epsom would’ve set him alight with the crowd and all the distractions. I think they wisely swerved it, though I’ve never understood those he doubted he’d stay. Surely a horse who won twice over a mile at two, related to probably (certainly not confirmed) stayers like Noble Mission and Bullet Train by Galileo, would’ve got the trip, if not at that stage, certainly to have run well in an Arc?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

This is the most ridiculous, tiresome, pointless thread I have ever read on here.

(Apart from all mine, obviously).

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 103 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.