The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Worth The Watching

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17518

I’ll use this thread to highlight any horses I think could go on to better things.

Pateese. Runs in the 1800 at Bath tonight.

Been looking forward to seeing over hurdles this coming season, I think he could land one or 2 of the big Handicaps. Certainly didn’t expect him to reappear in something like this, but hopefully he’ll give a good account today anyway.

2nd, and beaten fair and square. Hopefully this’ll have blown away a few cobwebs. I’d be more than happy to see him getting another run out on the flat before the start of the proper jumps.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

Had a Cesarewitch entry.

• Total Posts 17518

Shame he missed it moe, was looking forward to him sneaking in. Don’t know, to be fair, if it was a serious target, but thought it would have suited him. Looking forward to his next outing anyway.

• Total Posts 17518

The Engineer runs in a Beginners Chase at Down Royal today. Didn’t expect to see him over fences so soon, but hopefully he’ll put in a good round of jumping at the very least. Seems a decent enough line up though. Four Commanders & Eight Is My Number would be big worries. If The Engineer looks like being a decent price, I might have a bet, I’ll wait and see. Gonna have to have a comb tricast now though :wink:

Non Runner

• Total Posts 17518

Circus Clown

Runs in the 1330 @ Kelso today. Really like this horse, and he makes his debut over fences. Bet him a couple of times at Hamilton at big prices, with no success, but kept a close eye on him. He’s finally showing the promise I hoped for back then, and is definitely going the right way. Think fences could be the making of him. I really think he could mop up a few chases up North over the next few years, and who knows, maybe even The Grand Sefton @ Aintree, a race his trainer likes to target. :wink:

Pateese 1500 Sandown. Very confident of a big run today. Certainly should be if market is anything to go by. Bet from 10’s into 4’s last night, I only managed to get on @ 9-2. Caught with pants down, didn’t see it coming. Be more than happy if he comes in though, and I don’t think it would be too greedy to hope for a follow up in The Greatwood Hurdle next Sunday at Cheltenham. :mrgreen:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

9/2 better than nothing. You’d’ve been more sick if you’d missed it altogether [thinks Strong Suit’s first race and cries…]

• Total Posts 17518

Thanks moe, yeah, well chuffed with that, no complaints here. I’m really hoping they go to Cheltenham next week, I got on at 25’s, but if they decide to give the horse a break I won’t complain.

• Total Posts 17518

Circus Clown was a bit of a disappointment. Gave some of the fences loads of air, and was really impressive, only to knock seven shades of sh1t out the next one. Hopefully they can brush up his jumping, as it certainly stopped him getting in the race today.

• Total Posts 17518

Astracad & Pateese both run at Cheltenham. Pateese obviously has a chance in The Greatwood Hurdle, and I’ll be very happy if he lands it. Astracad’s up against some decent horses, so if he puts in another decent round of jumping, and sneaks a place I’d be well happy with that too.

• Total Posts 17518

Really happy with Astracads performance yesterday. Jumped really well, and no shame in finishing 2nd to Al Ferof, who was really impressive.

As for Pateese, well, he folded quite quickly, beaten easily in the end. Knew getting those big a/p odds was too good to be true. :|

The Engineer makes his debut over fences at Limerick today, I’d like to see him putting in a clean round.

seansean
    • Total Posts 248

Good luck today , have had a nibble on The Engineer @5/1 , cheers

• Total Posts 17518

Thanks Sean, good luck with your bet…….I hope you’ll be collecting.

• Total Posts 17518

Beaten for the 2nd time by a decent Gigginstown horse.

Again, he bottomed out very quickly near the end, hopefully this can be worked on. The way he travelled and jumped though, was encouraging, definitely think there’s more to come.

• Total Posts 17518

Storming Gale

1350 Market Rasen. Got to give him another chance. Well, one more chance anyway :o Was really impressed with him at Ffos Las last season, thought he looked a cracking prospect……then he absolutely bombed at Carlisle. Had bet him for Cheltenham as well, and that was that. I’d like to think his run at Ffos Las was his true running. If so, he’s got a decent future over the larger obsstacles I reckon.

Ipsos Du Berlais

1445 Thurles. I’ve forgiven him for stuffing The Engineer at Galway :x …..honestly. Seriously, he won very well that day, finished like a train, on desperate going, and since followed up with another comfortable win. Seems a bit of a cheek putting up an odds on shot in a 5 runner race, and he won’t have gone unnoticed, but I think this horse could be a big star of the future.

seansean
    • Total Posts 248

Got a run for my money with The Engineer and today will be having a little punt on Storming Gale , noticed it was Brian Hardings only ride of the day there as well .. Best of luck today mate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.