The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

World Rankings 2006

Home Forums Horse Racing World Rankings 2006

Viewing 10 posts - 52 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1631

Fair enough DJ

Can only go back to 2005  and FWIW,  i have Teofilio at 124,  4lb better than HR, so maybe there’s summat in what you say

<br>

(Edited by empty wallet at 8:07 pm on Jan. 17, 2007)

• Total Posts 1631

Quote: from thedarkknight on 7:22 pm on Jan. 17, 2007[br]Araafa’s 122 for his QEII run would be the biggest laugh for me

If that isn’t a concocted number so that they can give the O’Brien hype pig an inflated rating, then I am a Dutchman….<br>

<br>C’mon TDK they’ve only given him 127, 1lb too high imo, but a fair mark

• Total Posts 1631

After not much thought :biggrin:

The Empty Wallet World Rankings (missing categories due to lost data)

<br>Top Older Horse

INVASOR 131

Top 3yo Colt

DISCREET CAT 131 ( a monster imo)

<br>Top Fillie/Mare

PRIDE 124

Top 3yo Fillie

MANDESHA 121

TOP 2yo Colt

TEOFILIO 124

As you can see, Dirt racing rules the world

<br>

(Edited by empty wallet at 9:12 pm on Jan. 17, 2007)

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Think they have pretty much got it right with the list. George W was never going to get a 130 rating that the RP set for him as he never hit it as he was never pushed to.

As for Mr Haighs comments in the RP today its a shame he basically puts down Deep Impacts (correct) rating to "western" men setting the ratings when the Japanese representative on the board completely agreed with the rating and said he didnt think it deserved to be pushed higher!!!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

when the Japanese representative on the board completely agreed with the rating and said he didnt think it deserved to be pushed higher!!!

do you really think he would have said otherwise??

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Completely Clive. On numerous occasions in the past, the Irish and British handicappers have stated they disagreed with certain figures or wanted higher figures etc. Its pretty common that there should be disagreements amongst them.

But even aside from that, before the commitee got together at the end of the year the Japanese themselves were giving their own independent rating for the horse that is the similar figure to the one they recieved.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Not  the Japanese way Aidan. They can be the ultimate diplomats.

having said that, i dont disagree with the assesment

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

tdk, If George Washington’s beating of the two Godolphin colts in the QEII can be dismissed as irrelevant because Librettist and Proclamation "ran way below form", then surely the performances of Araafa and Librettist in the BC Mile are similarly irrelevant, because they too blatantly "ran way below form" in that race?

Personally, I would never interpret a race by completely ignoring the achievements of the horses prior to it (i.e. the winners of most of the major European Group 1 mile races open to colts) and concentrate only on their subsequent runs which required them to travel long distances at the end of a hard season. But that’s just me.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

Quote: from clivex on 11:57 am on Jan. 18, 2007[br]Not  the Japanese way Aidan. They can be the ultimate diplomats.

quite so – but diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

in matters of assessing races in Japan, you have to back their judgment against those of the (well-meaning but misguided) outsiders, who seem to have fallen prey to a racing manifestation of a common general phenomenon for Japan of "henna gaijin".

best regards

wit

newyork
    • Total Posts 215

A horses rating is not that important really, it is what they achieve on the racecourse that is important and the manner of there victories, GW did not beat the same calibre horses in the guineas as El Gran Senor did but he was just as impressive as he was, They can only beat what is put in front of them

Viewing 10 posts - 52 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.