The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wolves 2.30..Disgusted!!!!!

Home Forums Horse Racing Wolves 2.30..Disgusted!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Before i start i didnt have a bet-i only bet on jump racing!!!!!

There has to be an enquiry on why PRETTY BONNIE was allowed to race without being taken out of the stall and trotted up and down.

The stall handlers just shut the back of the gate and let them go.

I take it there all qualified vets at Wolverhampton.

Before someone jumps down my throat i do know a little about racehorses we have a retired one here at home and i alson train my daughters racing pony.

No wonder our sport gets a hard time.

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

I think perhaps it all happened a bit quickly and they didnt realise exactly what happened.
    Probably a genuine mistake, but it did look bad.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

What happened?

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

A horse in the stalls reared over backwards and just lay on its back half in – half out. Handlers pulled him out, during which time he started to wriggle a bit and gave the horse in the stall next door a couple of clouts. They shut the gates and let the horse next door go without checking it.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1922

http://www.attheraces.com/card.asp?race … =racecards

this is link to video replay of 2.30 (not sure if it will work)

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Oh I see, thanks.
    Happens all the time here. :shock: If the horse is in the market they will do anything to get it in and running. I’ve seen horses break through the gates twice and take off only to be brought back and manhandled in to make sure they run. :oops:
    Surprisingly it generally never works in anyones favour least of all the horse – and apart from the obvious concern for the animal, I don’t think I’d want my money to be on something that was clearly not 100% :x

Perhaps no one realised what had happened here.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

http://www.attheraces.com/card.asp?raceid=149924&meetingid=24628&date=2007-08-12&ref=replays&nav=racecards

this is link to video replay of 2.30 (not sure if it will work)

Thanks Steve but they won’t let us foreigners look at the videos. :lol:

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1922

didnt actually show the incident just the race sorry

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

No worries :D

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1922

arent there specific rules if a horse plays up I thought a vet had to check all horses imvolved.

Interestingly in the ATR online replay just as Matt Chapman questions after the race them letting the horses go he gets cut off. (not a bad thing to do to Chapman granted) but i hope they didnt do it deliberately he was asking what was being said on here

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Yes, we have that here and in Australia/NZ they must also past muster – but hmmmmmmmm sometimes these things happen…

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Sometimes our sport looks very second rate and this was one of them!!!

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4712

Steve

Watch the end of the ATR replay of the 2.25 at Downpatrick. The start of the Wolverhampton race, and the incident, can be seen just after the Downpatrick finish.

Rob

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2927

There is a vet at the start and I’m sure if there had been a doubt she would have been checked. The negatives could outweigh the positives if they pulled them out of the stalls without good reason. Highly strung 2yo fillies that have been in for a few minutes having to wait a few more while one is checked. As it happens she ran as if nothing was amiss.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1922

Steve

Watch the end of the ATR replay of the 2.25 at Downpatrick. The start of the Wolverhampton race, and the incident, can be seen just after the Downpatrick finish.

Rob

Heres the incident

http://www.attheraces.com/WatchVideo.as … 12_01_1425

Forward to 5m 30 secs and watch them load the favourite it is clear to me its the stall handlers who pushed the horse in with so much force. They forced the horse to hit the front of the stalls appaulling from the stall handlers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.