The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wolverhampton Saturday

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Wolverhampton Saturday

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2066

Wish I had had a saver on it now. Very well done Alan.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3115

<br>The funniest bit was watching Rab Havlin, who got off him to ride Pass The Port, tracking Salute into the straight thinking he’d go past when he liked – and Salute just ran away from him.

I wonder when a horse last completed a hat trick at 20/1 – and thankfully he was even bigger than that on BF.

Full credit to the trainer who had him spot on after his break.

AP

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Well done AP. I must admit, I wondered about the Havlin situation, but Dane is some substitute.

I didnt see the race, but what a buzz and what a game horse.  Congratulations.:biggrin:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Congratulations, Alan, just spotted the result.

Colin

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Well done Alan another great performance.

It’s a strange game that someone like Pat doesn’t get more winners/horses.  A real horseman with years of experience who knows how to get them fit and ready for a race.  Ex footballers and people with little background with horses start up and attract owners and clock up lots of winners.  Is it a case of who you know rather than what you know?<br>

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

Went to Sandown today and missed your 12.01 post but a big thank you is in order for sharing. Small crowd at Sandown. lots of men in red hair and leather dresses with black fishnet tights and ladies boots,stag parties I presume, also a man dressed as an Ostrich, normality was resumed when I spied the well known  Andrew Parker Bowles resplendent in Brown trilby yellow waistcoat , tweed jacket and inbred look as if he is missing Camilla.

(Edited by bluechariot at 11:48 pm on Mar. 10, 2007)

Colin Little
    • Total Posts 338

Well done, Alan

He looked very good in the race yesterday, & is obviously very well in himself. Long may it continue.

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

Very well done AP.  I had one bet at wolverhampton; Very Wise.  Thanks for not coming out the starting stalls.  Sometimes wonder why I bother.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Well doneDJ, & well done AP & Salute; is there anything left for him on the AW in the near future?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

<br> Corm<br>Has BST crept up on us, without my knowing??

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3115

<br>RH,

Yes, we have two options at Kempton, a 0-85 on Mar 31st and the Queens Prize on Apr 7th, both over 2M.

The latter is an 86 – 105 rated handicap, so the choice will depend on how the handicapper reacts to this win. My guess is that he’ll go up 6 or 7lbs to 82/83. If that’s right, we’ll take our chance in the Apr 7th race and hope it doesn’t attract anything rated above 100.

Thanks to everyone that has offered congratulations – as the owner I can safely say my only contribution was to pick the race, which was a no brainer given the lack of alternatives.

AP

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.