The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Withdrawal reductions

Home Forums Horse Racing Withdrawal reductions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kentdougal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

Hi All
    I can’t believe after all my years in racing I’ve failed to notice how this is worked- maybe because I rarely get involved in it. So is it correct that the deduction is made on total returns that is including the stake. If this is really the case can someone outline the justication for including the stake in the figure to work the deduction on. After all this is supposed to compensate for the inability to adjust the market following a withdrawal due to lack of time. If on the other hand the market had been adjusted my stake would not have altered just the net return so why is the stake brought in at all?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Kent,

Reductions are not calculated into your stake.

Simply put, if you had £1 on a 5/1, with a 10p Rule 4 reduction for the withdrawal of a horse, you would get £5.50 in return if your horse won.

Normally you would get £6 back, but you get 10p deducted for every £1 you won, hence a 50p reduction (your £1 stake is not touched).

If what you are saying is correct, you would get returned £5.40, but you don’t you get £5.50.

Hope that helps.

Mike

kentdougal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

Hi Micky
    This was my understanding also I shall return to my argument with Tote sport.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.