The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Who exactly are they?

Home Forums Horse Racing Who exactly are they?

Viewing 15 posts - 18 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29188

It is a racist comment, Troy.
    You may not realise but it is.

Ian is on the left politically, I’m on the right.
    Does not matter where you’ve been and done in the past, the comment is racist.

Value Is Everything
    TROY111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Seasider that’s funny, their straight from the channel mate. sure I saw one stood by a fence selling the big issue.

Ginger, are you telling me this is a racist remark?

The western world has gone nuts, JK Rowling was criticized for not towing the trans line, maybe it was karma for her as she criticized Donald Trump Ms Rowling did not check her facts. She made a false assumption based on widely circulated, but incomplete, video footage.

Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1019

Troy111 said;

The western world has gone nuts, JK Rowling was criticized for not towing the trans line, maybe it was karma for her as she criticized Donald Trump Ms Rowling did not check her facts. She made a false assumption based on widely circulated, but incomplete, video footage.

I agree the western World has gone nuts.
    I have no idea why JK Rowling was towing anything anywhere.
    When did she criticise the Donald?
    The video footage could not have been that widely circulated, otherwise I would have seen it.

You're old enough to kill but not for votin'
    You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin'?
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29188

Yes, you made a blatant racist remark, Troy.

…And now in an attempt to gain support conflating your blatant racist remark with legitimate concerns expressed by JK Rowling. :wacko:

Value Is Everything
    TROY111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Doesn’t matter what I say it’s racist to the woke crowd on here, your buddy Ian was calling out every word I typed as racist. Don’t see the point in posting here. I’m finished.
    Ian is very silent maybe he’s looking for a lift from his friends. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4061

There’s no clique here – I’ve hardly ever even met anyone (and that was years ago) from off this forum – and as GT says we all bring differing political views to the table in debates.

But, thankfully, there is an underlying decency here and whether you’re a Labour voter – who perhaps primarily believes in social justice for all – or a Conservative – who perhaps primarily believes in equality of business opportunity for all – what unites both sides is a rejection of anything that appears to be to be racist.

Don’t want to be called a racist?

Don’t write anything that could he interpreted as racism, then.

Sir Cherryade of Hampshire
    ("Chezza" to the proletariat)
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5618

The emoticon-rich rantings and ravings of TROY111 are remarkably similar to those of ‘Ozgood’, late of the Talking Horses forum…

Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1019

The emoticon-rich rantings and ravings of TROY111 are remarkably similar to those of ‘Ozgood’, late of the Talking Horses forum…

Must have missed that, mind you I rarely visit there now.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29188

I’ve probably spoken up against the “woke crowd” / brigade as much as anyone on here, Troy…
    And will continue to do so.
    Think I once tried explaining to you what “woke” is, but obviously failed.
    However, as someone who finds woke so nauseous, it doesn’t stop me objecting to racism.

The 200th Derby winner would’ve been ashamed of you.

Value Is Everything
    TROY111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Has you all stated my remarks were racist then I apologise? and this is my last post on this forum.

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4061

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Never say never – what if Dick Hern had said he’d never take on Ela Mana Mou again after Troy got beat by him in the Royal Lodge?

He ultimately trained both!

It’s a well-known fact that Troy was ethnically diverse….and that he liked a curry!

Ok, part – alright, ALL – of that is made up, but if you name yourself after an above-average Derby winner you need to conduct yourself properly.

Au revoir.

Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1019

Can’t beat a good flounce!

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29188

No need to leave Troy.
    You’ve done the right thing and apologised, that should be enough.
    Just be more careful in future.

But up to you. :good:

Value Is Everything
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

Well, when we go racing at Kelso again (Storm Arwen put paid to our last attempt) I’ll do an interview with the fence men at the last fence, which is where me, Mike and the dog spend most of our race days. I wish I could put pictures on here cause I’ve got a great photo somewhere of them sitting at the last fence having a cuppa. I always find that, if you want to find out what’s been happening those are the people it’s worth chatting to.

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4061

My father, who was first generation middle class, had read Jilly Cooper’s “Class” and taken it literally, and fancied himself as a bit of an observer of human behaviour, became interested in a stalls handler at Beverley in the late 1970s, based on a 1m4f contest where you could get up close in The Silver Ring.

“Want a coffee?”

“I’ll just have a gobful.”

The bloke became known as “gobful” by my Dad ever since.

He kinda took a pride in the bloke from afar, though, and about a year later “gobful” was under the stalls quick as a flash to rescue a stricken jockey after a horse reared up before a big race on ITV and started trampling him.

“Gobful” was some kind of hero – and my Dad made sure everyone knew about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 18 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.