The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Which trainers have had a winner at every UK racecourse?

Home Forums Horse Racing Which trainers have had a winner at every UK racecourse?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Talking to Ian Williams this morning, he mentioned that Thirsk is now the only UK course (flat and National Hunt) where he hasn’t had a winner.

It got me thinking about whether any current trainer has had a winner at every track. Obviously the likes of Sir Michael Stoute won’t have had winners at the jumps courses and the likes of Paul Nicholls won’t have had winners at some of the flat courses.

So does anyone know of a trainer who has had a winner at every racecourse in the UK?

Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

Tuffers,

Can’t answer your question but I’ll certainly be interested if Ian Williams sends a runner to Thirsk before the end of the flat season as I’m sure he’ll be keen to complete the set.

I did think of Peter Easterby but I’m not old enough to know if he ever sent runners down to the likes of Newton Abbot or Exeter…and he’s not a current trainer!

Layoffcharlie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1

Pat Haslam achieved this

TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Pat Haslam achieved this

Good call. Is there anyone else we can add to the list?

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4570

Did Pat Haslam manage winners at Great Leighs or Ffos Las?

He was certainly training during the existence of both but I’m not sure that he had a runner at Ffos Las or a winner at Great Leighs.

Great Leighs in particular throws a spanner in the works of these sorts of records, and some time is needed for trainers to catch up with Ffos Las.

Would David Evans have got anywhere near the set?

Rob

TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Did Pat Haslam manage winners at Great Leighs or Ffos Las?

In fairness, no but I wasn’t counting Great Leighs.

Would David Evans have got anywhere near the set?

I’m not sure. It’s one of those records that’s quite difficult to check as the racing post website only shows the trainer’s last five years of results.

TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Tuffers,

Can’t answer your question but I’ll certainly be interested if Ian Williams sends a runner to Thirsk before the end of the flat season as I’m sure he’ll be keen to complete the set.

I did think of Peter Easterby but I’m not old enough to know if he ever sent runners down to the likes of Newton Abbot or Exeter…and he’s not a current trainer!

The set could well be completed on Monday :wink:

Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

Thanks – I’ll study the entries the next few days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.