The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Where all betting shop neandarthals in disguise

Home Forums Horse Racing Where all betting shop neandarthals in disguise

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Your in a Bookie Shop, for pig iron you have 3 nice priced horses up in your Lucky 15, the last leg of your bet is a couple of lenghts down coming to the last, do you say to yourself may the best horse win ? or do you secretly hope the horse in front falls ? because if he falls you have the price of a brand new car or an expensive holiday (whatever takes your fancy).<br>I have to own up when the rare occurence of waiting on the last leg of a Lucky 15, I would hope the horse in front falls, while not shouting it out like the so called betting shop neandarthal, and whooping and hollering when the horse falls,  I am totally aware that the Jockey or horse might get hurt or even worse from the effects of the fall, but from a gambler point of view the possibility of a nice windfall takes precedent over everything, so basically I am the same as the betting shop neandarthal only I dont whoop and holler and make my feelings known, and I bet everyone on this forum would feel exactly the same way if the possibility of big cash beckons, and if they say any different their liars.<br>PS, I know a Lucky 15 is a mugs bet, but for a small outlay if your fortunate enough to get it up which I did a few times the reward is a usually substantial.

(Edited by madman marz at 9:37 am on April 29, 2007)<br>I know I should have said we are instead of where just an oversight on my behalf so dont go letting me know I made an error which some people on this forum get some sort of silly thrill by pointing out other peoples typing mistakes.<br>

(Edited by madman marz at 9:42 am on April 29, 2007)

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

No replies ?? seems your all too ashamed to admit that your betting shop neandarthals in disguise.<br>Anyone out there brave enough to come forward ???????????

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Madders

I don’t mind admitting to larceny, fraud, arson, psychosis, anal weeping and leaving all the coffee creams in a box of Milk Tray.

But I draw the line at Lucky 15’s.

Mike

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Too ashamed to admit that they do Lucky 15s?;)

Colin

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Occasionally in the comfort of my own home, I will kindly and respectfully ask a horse to ‘fall’, as he’s being a real pest and not allowing my horse to win. Of course, what I really mean is ‘unseat or run out, please’, but that would take too long!

What I find funnier is when people ask for their jockey that they have entrusted with their 2 pounds to ‘hit the bloody thing’, when the little gent is quite clearly going hell for leather!

Oh, or where every losing jockey is a ‘f**king cheat’. There’s one punter in the shop I work in who is a serial offender on this front. To outline the stupidity of the man, one day when I was working he had backed a horse that was leading by a length coming to the last. It fell, and the poor, poor animal broke it’s leg. This delightful fellow’s reaction? "Oh for f**ck’s sake, my f**kin b@st@rd horse broke it’s f**kin leg. Bloody typical."

What a great chap.<br>

(And BTW, only L15’s I do are once a year on the Scottish football leagues, just to give an interest all season. Was waiting for St Johnstone for a treble yesterday! James Grady probably cost me what he gets paid a week!)

(Edited by Friggo at 11:15 am on April 29, 2007)

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

There is a guy Friggo who drinks in my local and likes to think he is above everyone else because he puts monkeys on and most of the regulars are your average Joe Soap punter who likes his ten or score bet, abuses the small punter for cheering on his 10 euro bet on a 12/1 shot because its beating his 5/4 fav on the run to the line. You would want to hear the f’s and blinds out of this guy when Aces Four fell at the last at Punchestown, of course the Jockeys fault, he should have steadied the horse into the fence, the next day he is giving out about another jockey for not driving the horse into the last fence. A no win situation as far as jockeys are concerned with guys like him, even if his horse was beaten a distance he would still find something to give out about.<br>And yes Seabird there is plenty on this forum who are too afraid to admit they do Lucky 15’S, "SO UNCOOL".

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

Quote: from madman marz on 11:48 am on April 29, 2007[br]And yes Seabird there is plenty on this forum who are too afraid to admit they do Lucky 15’S, "SO UNCOOL".

Not uncool – just pretty stupid.

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

And yes Seabird there is plenty on this forum who are too afraid to admit they do Lucky 15’S, "SO UNCOOL".

<br>Ah yes, but as my previous post demonstrates, at least I’m not afraid to admit that I am afraid to admit I do Lucky 15’s.

Or not.

Mike

bimble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

<br>  What does " pig iron " mean , please ?

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Enjoyed that post madman! :biggrin:

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

I believe Professional  e/w bettors like the Lucky

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

My name’s Glenn and I’m a lucky 15 addict.

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5109

Jack Ramsden likes them

Ultimate NightmareUltimate Nightmare
    • Total Posts 326

I love em, because i can usually break even at worst at 3 times the odds the single. I am a fun/entertainment punter and usually end up with three :( .

Obviously not a pro bet, but a little windfall now and again is most welcome. I don’t trust racing enough for a larger punt.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Not a fan of the Lucky 15 .. but I wouldn’t hold it against anyone if they were.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.