The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

whatever happened to

Home Forums Horse Racing whatever happened to

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Chubs
    • Total Posts 67

<br>flamboyant owner terry ramsden

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I think his brief comeback was heavily dependant on the unlikely notion of Royal Atalza winning the Grand National.

podpod
    • Total Posts 41

Last time I heard he was being sued for the return of a mere million quid – that was some six months ago – not a lot seems to have changed for him by the looks of things.

Click here to read Terry Ramsden’s most recent piece of bovver

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Whatever happened to Keen Leader?

Never heard anything after his owner passed on…

racinggirlukracinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

Terry Ramsden owns majority of the horses trained by Geoff Huffer in Newmarket…

If I remember rightly, Keen Leader was retired aand is now hunting….I am sure I can find out for you…..(just emailed someone who works at the yard)

(Edited by racinggirluk at 12:01 am on Mar. 31, 2007)

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Ramsden seems to have the unique ability of making large amounts of people give him money.

Following his prison sentence and bankruptcy, he reappeared investing in various low-cap technology companies who’s share prices subsequently headed north – if only briefly.  Was this based on his previous financial acumen, which included p*ssing away 150 million in a few months?

He always seems capable of scraping together a few ‘mill’ at short notice yet seems to have all the financial ability of Nick Leeson.

Who are these people who bankroll him?

And more importantly, how can I befriend them?

Mike

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3121

I was watching the repeats of the 1990’s Grand Nationals on RUK yesterday and after watching 1996 I was thinking what happened to Encore Un Peu. He ran a great race behind Rough Quest but I can’t remember hearing too much about him afterwards.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

There was very little else to see or hear of him after that effort, Pat. He made his seasonal reappearance in the following year’s Racing Post Chase, finished a 38l – and very, very lame – fifth to Mudahim, and never raced again.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Mike – if you befriend him do ask him if he’s after a young, female, racing manager would you?? :biggrin:

Scottish Jamie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 123

I’m after a young female racing manager – not got any horses but still after one ;)

racinggirlukracinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

I have just recieved a email from Jackdaws, and this is what it said:

Dear Karen

Thank you for your email.  Keen Leader has been retired and is currently<br>at Jackdaws Castle out at grass.  He is ridden out occasionally and is<br>enjoying his retirement.

Kind regards,

Lucy Langdale

<br>

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>racinggirluk,

Thanks for this. He will go down as a big underacheiver but it’s great to hear that he is enjoying life.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.