The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you listening to?

Home Forums Lounge What are you listening to?

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 1,452 total)
  • Author
    Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049
    Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

12?!?!?!

Ratbastard!!!!

I’ve booked some with someone on ebay – just hope it’s all legit. Cheers ever so much for the link though! I might pass it on to some friends who are soooooooo-ooo-ooooo jealous right now :D

If I get some ‘first hand’ tomorrow morning I’ll sell the ebay ones on….

I’ll not be defeated!

Er, vision’s a bit shot though lol….you’ve got to worry working for a jeweller when you can’t make out a hallmark WITH the magnifying eyeglass :?

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Naturally we expect to see photos of this tumultuous event ! 8)

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

KT, You’re a link-finding genius of the most brilliant kind.

The ebay-bought tickets will be going back on ebay when I get them because….

…..I JUST GOT STANDING TICKETS FOR THE FOO FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please excuse me while I go and have a small fit.

Possibly not so small.

Epic fit.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Cool! Have fun! :D

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

• Total Posts 1268

In case you weren’t already aware, NV (unlikely, as you’re usually mustard on these matters), as well as an accompanied singer-songwriter-guitarist in her own right she’s also an occasional member of Broken Social Scene. Exhibit B, m’lud…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uev2J_cBHjQ

gc

Thanks gc. Saw BSS mentioned but I hadn’t got that far down the related links yet. Enjoyed the track and will now have to check them out as well!

:D

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Happy Mrs Column this morning. No luck with the Foos tickets, but she has just got through to get us some tickets for The Cure at Wembley in March, much against her expectations.

…which means at the ripe old age of 33 I’ll be attending my first stadium gig. Cue an evening of having to peer through my racing binoculars just to make out the stage the manky, lipstick-applied-by-gibbons, superannuated goths will be playing on, whilst tugging slowly on my £6 half-pint of p*ssy lager.

Oh, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it really.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Happy Mrs Column this morning. No luck with the Foos tickets, but she has just got through to get us some tickets for The Cure at Wembley in March, much against her expectations.

…which means at the ripe old age of 33 I’ll be attending my first stadium gig. Cue an evening of having to peer through my racing binoculars just to make out the stage the manky, lipstick-applied-by-gibbons, superannuated goths will be playing on, whilst tugging slowly on my £6 half-pint of p*ssy lager.

Oh, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it really.

gc

I bet you have a great time! :D

Meanwhile Podspal is back to his usual happy musical self after I retrieved (god knows how and even he’s confused) my Itunes onto new laptop – (what a relief :) ) so Podspal is shuffling like mad and am currently listening to Faithless :D

• Total Posts 1268

Our FOO tickets came through yesterday morning – 18 Nov at the O2..

Would like to see The Cure again at some point though! Last time was in 1992(ish) at the NEC and we were bloody miles from the stage – it was like watching indie-goth dwarves in mascara…

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Would like to see The Cure again at some point though! Last time was in 1992(ish) at the NEC and we were bloody miles from the stage – it was like watching indie-goth dwarves in mascara…

The mind boggles :shock:

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Aaah, isn’t it all lovely….

Like the ending of a particularly small movie – iPods functioning again, tickets arriving left right and centre, and some grumpy git pretending he isn’t pleased when really he is (clearly a Brit com then)

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

some grumpy git pretending he isn’t pleased when really he is

Happy to oblige!

Incidentally, doesn’t "indie-goth dwarves in mascara" sound like a Half Man Half Biscuit song title!

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

David Gray’s ‘Lately’ from Life in Slow Motion 8)

zome
    • Total Posts 232

CSS – Cansei De Ser Sexy
    Giant Drag – Hearts and Unicorns.

And loads of old Sheryl Crow, and 90s PJ Harvey at the moment.

NWRA
    • Total Posts 259

…that Giant Drag album is great. I can’t wait for their/her new album, I’ve played YFLMD, etc, so many times now!

I’ve been listening to:
    Slowdive
    Patrick Wolf (as always)
    Klaxons (I thought they would be rubbish but they’re quite good)

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

CSS – Cansei De Ser Sexy

A mighty choice! “Let’s Make Love (and Listen to Death From Above)” was my top tune of last year, and nothing I heard from the accompanying album subseqently has put me off them. Herewith a couple of cuts for the uninitiated;

Let’s Make Love… – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agPOt1XZz8&mode=related&search=
    Alala – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apB7V4PIeLI

Quality.

gc

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 1,452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.