The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you listening to?

Home Forums Lounge What are you listening to?

Viewing 17 posts - 732 through 748 (of 1,452 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 90

Biffy Clyro : Only Revolutions = Excellent :mrgreen:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228
    Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Just ordered the new Shearwater: The Golden Archipelago from Amazon and tacked on the first Screaming Trees album Clairvoyance.

Anyone know whether Field Music are worth a spin?

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Can’t speak for the current album, GD, but the last one back in 2006 was a treat for lovers of Stackridge- or Gentle Giant-influenced pastoral, quirky guitar-pop. A couple of songs from it are these;

A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxrEECneF0Q

IF ONLY THE MOON WERE UP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GXUStsQ5-g&NR=1

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

• Total Posts 1511

Red Hot CHili Peppers

Don’t Turn Back.

Quality TUNNNEEEEE :D :D :D :D :D :D

ranse
    • Total Posts 9

selling england by the pound – genesis

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Borrowed a hard drive off an american chap lately as my music collection had died with my old laptop, plus there seemed to be quite an eclectic mix of tunes on there and managed to find some decent ones amongst it.

Royksopp and Robin – The girl and the robot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIWRYwCGEF4

Didnt even know these 2 had worked together but quite like the outcome.

Spacehog – In the Meantime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9AWGc0d8ik

Hadnt heard this in years and had completely forgotten it ever existed, but was once one of my favorites.

Teddybears and Iggy Pop – Punkrocker

Love this one, no link though to youtube.

Quite like the Filthy Dukes album- Nonsense in the Dark, altough the biggest hits have been dance tracks Poison The Ivy is pretty decent and different to the bigger hits (cant quite figure who it reminds me of). The title track reminds me of The Cure for some reason though.

FILTHYDUKES Poison The Ivy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU3dp-O_ … re=related

FILTHYDUKES "Nonsense In The Dark"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_MdG4Fv … re=related

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Marina And The Diamonds – Hollywood

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Bulwark, The forum misses your imput badly mate. It was about this time 2 or 3 years ago you first joined putting your Cheltenham tips up, your sorely missed sir!

Anyways back on topic…

Cheers Marb, havent been on much as have had no internet connection out in saudi arabia. Am slowly trying to work out what has been happening in horse racing while Ive been away. Back in UK from 10th March (booked my leave for chelters) so should be able to get a better idea when Ive a faster connection and can do some video streaming of races ive missed. At the minute though, Ive barely got an opinion to state on any races…lol

gavinco
    • Total Posts 1

Joanna Newsom – Easy . It just came out. A really unique sound.

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Just stuck Thea Gilmore ‘Avalanche’ on for first time in a while. Thea’s best imo, and forgotten how good it is.

Great voice, great politics and great to listen to.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

bought the new Yeasayer cd last week; bit disappointed with it..more poppy than the last one [which I played non stop for weeks].Also got to listen to some Jethro Tull this weekend..going to see them on Monday. Good job I saw an interview with Ian Anderson last week, because I was expecting hair, and lots of it! Tull were more RockGodlike than I was expecting with lots of guitar solos,; However, I spent the whole concert worrying about whether Chief Dan George would actually run in the Grand National.

Outsider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21

Paradise Lost – Icon – awesome CD.
    Anyone know if there is or was a race horse called Paradise Lost?

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Also got to listen to some Jethro Tull this weekend..going to see them on Monday. Good job I saw an interview with Ian Anderson last week, because I was expecting hair, and lots of it!

I’m also going to see them play in Glasgow, tuesday 30th. The last time was in the mid 70s.

Obviously you haven’t been up to speed regarding Ian Anderson. He hasn’t had lots of hair for years now. :lol: In fact, as you’ll probably have gauged by now, his singing voice has deteriorated somewhat drastically in the intervening years. Anderson had an operation on his vocal chords a few years back, due to mainly to him overstraining the old voice box during concerts.

I know it won’t the be same; vocally at least, but I know that Tull will still be better by far than half the dross circulating today.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Have been rediscovering Tull a bit recently. Still love Songs From The Wood, Heavy Horses, Aqualung. Much maligned band, but they’ve stood the test of time rather well in my view.

Hunting Girl – what a great song.

Midlake ‘Trials of Van Occupanther’ took up today’s commute. It’s taken a few listens but is growing on me now.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Can’t say I noticed a problem with his voice other than that the the vocals seemed to pause rather than flow

but were still very powerful. I was thinking to myself how strange to be listening to the same voice after 40 plus years, even though the owner of the voice had changed beyond all recognition [tend to think that lean, wiry people stay lean and wiry]. The hall seemed to have a lot of men of a certain age with their sons; they fell into two categories…grey and bald or very very hairy [and grey]; and lots of beards. It was almost as if we’d all fallen asleep at Glastonbury and woken up forty years later. Interested to read when I Wikipedied them that Anderson only learned to play the flute 6 months before the band were formed. Annoyingly I got chatting to a guy next to me who came from the Fens; he had seen Syd Barrett over the years, and was just telling me something about Syd, his son and a Christmas tree when the concert started, so I’ll never know what actually happened.

marjory_daws
    • Total Posts 9

bit of extrawelt, which i tink is as good as

http://soundcloud.com/search?q[fulltext]=extrawelt

Viewing 17 posts - 732 through 748 (of 1,452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.