The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

West Ayton PTP

Home Forums Horse Racing West Ayton PTP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

I have a firiend going to this point to point card (Saturday I think?), and he asked me if I could find out any information for him.

Whilst I’m not familiar with it myself, i’m sure some of the PTP enthusiasts on TRF will be able to provide some info on either this meet in particular or West Ayton PTP in general.

Many Thanks in advance.

<br>

(Edited by Alchemist at 12:18 pm on April 23, 2007)

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455
    Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

The meeting on Saturday is the Yorkshire Area Point to Point club and the course is called Charm Park – nr Wykeham.

The course is flat and races are 3m 1f.  Apparently they have been watering for a while.  

According the M&H races are often won from behind.  They say that viewing is superb from the top of the old railway embankment but it can be an exposed spot in poor weather.  

For all the entries and preview try buying this Wednesday’s Sporting Life Weekender.  

On the day the racecard should have a short form guide but best to follow the market at this time of the year because the locals will know the exposed form.

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

Thanks

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Charm Park gave me my first ever taste of point-to-pointing back when I was still livnig and working in Scarborough, so despite the fact that I usually get hit by every flavour of weather known to man in one afternoon (c/o its location in the Vale of Pickering) whenever I attend, I will always have a soft spot for it.

Adrian’s already called it correctly track-wise – I’d simply add that it’s left-handed, pretty much perfectly square, has nine fences to a circuit and as such resembles a super-sized Fakenham. No idea who you’ll get as a commentator (much less whether the PA system will get blown right over again, as has happened in the past), but it was always Iain Mackenzie whenever I’ve been.

Owner and trainer-wise, it’ll be reasonable to assume that Lord Daresbury, Mike & Mary Sowersby, Maxine Stirk, Clive & Marty Mulhall, Bob Woodhouse and assorted Easterbys will be both well represented and among the most popular in the ring.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 11:13 pm on April 25, 2007)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Isn’t it great, incidentally, that we’ve got three point-to-point threads on the go on here at present? I always maintained TRF would come round to my way of thinking…. ;)

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.