The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Well done the Orangemen!

Home Forums General Sports Well done the Orangemen!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Congratulations to the Netherlands – admittedly they were only playing England, but then you can only beat what is in front of you. They were brave, they attacked, they fielded with enthusiasm and they won a thoroughly entertaining game of cricket.

Both me and Mrs Hughes jumped off our sofa when they hit the winning runs. Great result.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Absolutely, well played the Netherlands!

They really did knock off that decent total with some aplomb.

I don’t think many of us expected big things from England…but I can’t say I expected this!

Was a thoroughly entertaining first game…hell, it got you two off the sofa! :P

I was merely teetering on the edge of mine.. :wink:

Poor Broad – such a fine young player. He’ll be better for the experience come the proper world cup.

Zip

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Broad could…sorry…should have taken four wickets in the final over, but I can’t help but feel that Collingwood isn’t captain material.

I would still argue that he doesn’t deserve a place in the England team, but his decision making this evening was diabolical. I’ve been critical of Michael Vaughan in the past, not least because his batting has deteriorated so much over the last couple of years, but the guy knew how to set up a field. Paul, on the other hand, seemed utterly clueless, and when he thought it best to take on the bowling duties himself I almost cried.

And why was Key dropped so far down the order from three?

Fair play to the Dutch though – at least one team wanted to win.

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

Embarrassing for England, I’m sorry no disrespect to the Dutch but TRF could put a cricket team together and beat them! :roll:

I wonder if the Kazakhstan football team were watching.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Hmm, you’ve got me thinking about a Khazi upset now, Danny.

As for Broad…did you see his face after he threw the ball at the end of the final delivery? :shock:

Oh dear….he looked like a naughty schoolboy.

Hmm, I m starting to conjure too much homoerotic Wildean imagery here… :oops:

*exits quickly stage left*

Zip

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

No, not those orangemen, we’ve had enough Scottish football discussion in these parts.

Congratulations to the Netherlands – admittedly they were only playing England, but then you can only beat what is in front of you. They were brave, they attacked, they fielded with enthusiasm and they won a thoroughly entertaining game of cricket.

Both me and Mrs Hughes jumped off our sofa when they hit the winning runs. Great result.

It’s always people like you who will bring religion into it when nobody on here ever mentions it on Scottish football threads on this forum.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

People like me?

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

England were disapointing here, I’ve played against Kerveeze for one and whilst he is a talented cricketer, the gap between he and his fellow countrymen should be too great, so you would think anyway.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

England are an ordinary Test team, a poor fifty over team and a dreadful Twenty20 team. There are no ICC T20 rankings, but if there were, we would be probably be ranked behind everyone bar Bangladesh (and I’m sure they’d fancy their chances against us).

Complacency and mediocrity are the hallmarks of English cricket and 2005 only made it worse.

Will we get out of jail against Pakistan? Hard to see, but you never know. I wonder if the rain might put us out of our misery though.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

No, not those orangemen, we’ve had enough Scottish football discussion in these parts.

Sorry, I don’t see the connection. :?

As for having enough of Scottish football discussion – speak for yourself. In fact, I feel a new Scottish footballing thread surfacing right now. :wink:

What is 20/20 cricket :? In fact, what IS cricket, when it comes to that ? :P :lol:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

A throwaway remark, Himself – have enjoyed some of the Scottish football threads in these parts. I’ve edited the original post.

In fact, as we speak, the Scottish team are about to bowl the first ball against South Africa – can they pull off a shock?

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Scotland has a cricket team, lol?????

I thought we had a rounders team?

Then again, I believe Andy Goram played cricket for Scotland in his day, so I can deduce it must just be a pub cricket team :lol:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25871

People like me?

Walsall fans. :D

Member since March 2008
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

:D

We are something of a minority group.

Scotland are about to go out of the tournament. Only an hour or two before England.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6212

😀

We are something of a minority group.

Scotland are about to go out of the tournament. Only an hour or two before England.

Well one out of two isn’t bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.