The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Well done Daily Mirror

Home Forums Horse Racing Well done Daily Mirror

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 750

The Daily Mirror have a lovely souvenir publication out for this years Grand National.Thirty pages without a single advert. Some great articles on trainers, jockeys, history of the race and of course Red Rum on the 40th anniversary of his first victory. Plenty of interest to both racing nuts and the casual viewer. All good positive stuff.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

have i missed it?

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

It’s on sale for a pound. Try where you buy your local paper, or possibily a supermarket like ASDA or TESCO, if your branch sells racing papers.

I work at a supermarket which sold it, and still have a few issues left. In it and Richard Pitman said if the 1973 race was 90 yards shorter then CRISP would have won by roughly half a dozen lengths. :D

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

And I say that if Pitman had conserved his horse’s stamina a little better he’d have won by thirty lengths….possibly :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

And I say that if Pitman had conserved his horse’s stamina a little better he’d have won by thirty lengths….possibly :roll:

Oh please!

Had you said before the race that Crisp was about to give weight and a 25-length bum-kicking to dual Gold Cup winner (and subsequent GN winner of course) L’Escargot I think the idea of running them ragged stacks up.

In fact if Red Rum had not got round, Pitman would have been hailed as a tactical genius…!

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Oooh not seen this I’ll definitely have to get out and have a look for this tomorrow, hope there’s still some left.

http:///www.grand-national-race.co.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.