The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Well Chief

Home Forums Horse Racing Well Chief

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mac9
    • Total Posts 58

Just wondering if anyone had any information on his wel being? Has he summered well?

After his excellent comeback in top company at Cheltenham he was expected to have another race, maybe two, before the end of the season but he took longer to recover than expected.

I hope he’s ok and ready for a full season. Arguably the best two mile chaser never to win the Champion Chase?

Arazi
    • Total Posts 263

I would say he’s the best 2m chaser never to win the Champion Chase. I hope we do get to see him this coming season. At his best he’d be a major threat to Master Minded but after all of his injury problems it will be a surprise if we’ll ever see him reproduce the form he showed against Azertyuiop & Moscow Flyer.

Arazi
    • Total Posts 263

Just a reminder of how great Well Chief, Azertyuiop & Moscow Flyer were. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JpBlu_2Nx0

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Racing Post, Friday August 28th.

Pipe, whose charge is a general 20-1 chance for this season’s Champion Chase, said yesterday: "Well Chief is back in training. I have my fingers crossed we’ll get a full season out of him.
    "I’ve not decided which will be his comeback race, but he may run in the Tingle Creek." (December 5)

Hey Fist, any chance he can beat Kauto in the King George?

:lol:

befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1503

brilliant compilation, Arazi, thanksa million. I’d forgotten the great weight-carrying performances by Well Chief and AZ, which proved how good these 3 were. AZ also beat Seebald, I think in an early season race, giving him lumps of weight,; around the same time Seebald ran Best Mate to a head at level weights.
    I don’t think we’ll ever see 3 such great horse at the same time again

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Thanks for the Dayjur stuff as well, Arazi. I had never seen Dayjur’s Breeders’ Cup before.

Spitfire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 184

I would say he’s the best 2m chaser never to win the Champion Chase.

Really! I would say Desert Orchid after thinking back to his prodigous weight carrying performances in Tingle Creek when it was a handicap and Victor Chandler when it was a handicap.

Lewey
    • Total Posts 140

I was at Sandown that day and the roar from the crowd when they jumped the pond fence will always remain with me.

Another performance that I always remember is Azertyuiop giving weight away at the old ascot to Isio in the Victor Chandler Chase. Rather annoying as I had my maximum bet on Azertyuiop at 4-1 that day!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.