The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

We up or down

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2024 We up or down

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

If it makes you feel better RTB I be had 4 2nds and was on Makenberg ….

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

Day one overall I am up £3.56 :yahoo:

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

That,’ll get a paper , can and roll n bacon for studying today’s form , profit is profit , I reckon I’m up around a fiver

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

Still down but got Ballyburn, El Fabiolo and Edwardstone (e/w), amongst others, today. If any two of those three come in, I’ll finish up for the week.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Nicely up courtesy of free bets on the first two races, the State Man/Lossiemouth double and Lark In The Mornin.

It will be a quiet day on the punting front today. I have a bit of 9/4 against Ballyburn and small antepost bets on American Mike and Giovinco, which I am happy to let ride against Fact To File. I also have Edwardstone each way at around 16/1.

I will use a free bet in each of the handicaps with one small each way bet in each as well. I shan’t bother with the Cross Country (assuming it is on) and I will only have a token bet in the bumper if I am up on the day.

I also have the next three legs of my Mullins odds on favourites accumulator.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

Day two and I’m down overall £8.94.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

Slightly up, but I always do great on the Wednesday. Though it was only okay today.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7668

I’m even steven after 3 days with my anteposts so any gains tomorrow = a profit for the week so happy enough. A shame Sir Gino not able to strut his stuff to ‘superboost the piggy bank’.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Down a few quid , Ante post hasn’t been good , biggest day tomorrow with Corach , to be fair I’ve done doubles rolling into the national , Pied Piper will be a definite play and itsontheline is my idea of the Hunter chase ….but I know I’ll be playing Samcro e.w

Participant
    • Total Posts 1035

Up a bit. Tuesday was disappointing, wednesday en today were fine.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Still up after Day 3. Tuesday was good, Wednesday was moderately poor and today was OK.

Friday is already off to a bad start with Sir Gino being a no show but I still have an antepost bet running on Salvator Mundi. He couldn’t win, could he?

I also have antepost bets on High Class Hero in the Bartlett but not inspired by Patrick Mullins being on board.

I have Fastorslow and The Real Whacker in the Gold Cup and Corack Rambler in the market without Galopin Des Champs.

I will back two in the County and another in the Bartlett and that will probably be it. I doubt I will get involved in the last three races.

Stakes will be kept small to ensure I finish the meeting ahead. 🙂

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Id say most years I do well these days, Ive learnt when to and not to. It helps enormously not drinking on course, well for me it does.

Im in a good place, had a stonking Tuesday on track and off track at Southwell, Wednesday..well Fact to File at 14’s and 20’s AP amazing, I didnt cash out. Nabbed a good bit of the placepot as a laugh.
    Thursday, I just played at home with small multiples. No profit in that.
    Friday, pub day..note to ones self..DONT take the phone out and put all bets on in the morning.
    Good Luck to all tomorrow..Im on the ..lash

Looking forward to May 3rd now..

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Enjoy the beer, Landafar.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

A great third days competitive racing win or not far better than the first two. Overall I’m down £15.44.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

Wound it up now so after the final day I am overall down £30.44 so not too bad very rarely up with this.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

That GC t/c has got me back in profit , only 2 played in the finale but my Corach e.w ante post bets have given me a small profit , couple going onto national bets to with Stattler and Galvin , that x country race being canx might be be a godsend for me antepost

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Anyone thinking they’ve had a bad week , Nico de Boinvilles best finish this week was 12th , not made a penny bar his riding fees , I imagine his accountant won’t take long to do this week’s tax …. his missus will be shopping in the Asda a oppsies tonight

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.