The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

USPGA Championship 2020

Home Forums General Sports USPGA Championship 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

It the 1st major of the year feel strange typing that i got 2 long term ante post bets which be up 1st and other 4bets done last week.

RORY MCILROY 12/1

When did him last year expect he shorten into single figures did go on to win Tour Championship and WGC in Asia
    Things not gone right for him since restart but main reason on him he won here last time out in WGC Matchplay
    beat Woodland in final already a 2time USPGA Winner and could simply click back on a course won at before

DANNY WILLETT 200/1

This was course where made his breakthrough in America when 3rd in matchplay since then got a green jacket after Speith meltdown.And last 2years got form back won 2 of biggest titles on European tour at Wentworth and Dubai.
    Recent form been ok was eyecatching at Memorial and go well here.

DANIEL BERGER 80/1

This price stood out at hills last week and way he play at weekend very good by him and that price gone now.
    Won Charles Schaawb challenge but also look at this form before and after lockdown.Last 6 events you see figures of 9,5,4,1,MC,2 last week was 12th in PGA in 2018 but now in form of his life every chance this week.

TYRRELL HATTON 50/1

Won Arnold Palmer to break his duck on PGA and since lockdown was 3rd at Heritage open and 4th at Rocket Mortgage classic not at best last week but simply can bounce back into form and was 10th in USPGA in 2018 do better than that this week.

GARY WOODLAND 50/1

Current US Open winner and since the return of Golf up and down he been start off events well but go backwards he enjoys this major with class got is one of those under the radar even though a recent major winner but was 2nd here lost to Rory in matchplay final and can contend here to.

ERIK VAN ROOYEN 200/1

8TH in USPGA last year and also improved on that with 3rd in WGC Mexico this year to.Since the restart either a top 20 or MC so far it been for him but loves tough courses with rain very likely to will make it hard for players but he enjoy it.

BigG and Raymo good luck guys

Any others come here to.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

I have had loads of bets in this as I said on the other thread so get ready for a shopping list!

First up I have bet Tyrrell Hatton at 16/1 to be top European I think he is playing well and if he can keep his temperament in check has a serious chance!
    Then I have backed some outsiders on Betfair to lay at shorter prices (I hope)
    M Thompson 420
    N Taylor 950
    A Landry 900
    Sungjai Im 150

Then I have backed three to be first round leader
    Patrick Reed 60/1
    Daniel Berger 40/1
    Sungjai Iam 66/1

The finally outright I have backed them all each way at varying places but mostly ten or eleven

J THOMAS 10/1
    D BERGER 35/1
    P REED 45/1
    T HATTON 50/1
    SUNGJAI IM 80/1
    N TAYLOR 400/1

I hate Patrick Reed but I tried to be amotional and think he has a serious chance here.
    Daniel Berger and JT are my big fancies having both played so well last week but unlike Darren I have missed the price somewhat on Berger.
    I must admit I had a shortlist of about ten players so some had to go and they included Hovland , Morisawaki and Marc Leishmann so unless you guys bet them I don’t want them winning!!

Good Luck Guys and hopefully we can bring this one home too!! :good: :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Good luck Raymo

BigG any bets mate also not forget european tour event to me and Ray got our bets up to

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

JON Rahm 14/1 (25/1 1st round leader market)

He is in the top handfull of golfers in the world and despite having
    a disappointing tournament last week in the St.Jude he did at least
    finish with a final round 66. I think he can get back to the form of
    his Memorial win last month.

Bryson DeChambeau 16/1 (33/1 1st round leader market)

He’s stuttered a bit recently with a missed cut at the Memorial and a mediocre
    T30 last time out at the St Jude. He’s almost too laid back at times, but there’s
    no way of getting away from his form prior to those 2 disappointing tournaments
    which read T5, 2nd, 3rd, T8, T6, 1st. His ball striking is superb, if he’s bang
    on form he wins.

Colin Morikawa 35/1 (45/1 1st round leader market)

He’s a terrific young player who has come of age this year and after a
    heart breaking 2nd in the Charles Schwab, which hurt him badly and very
    likely was the cause of his missed cut next time out. It says a lot for
    him that he managed to put it all behind him when he got that 1st tour win
    in the Workday Charity Open. The next aim for him has to be a Major, and
    he has a very real shout here.

Viktor Hovland 55/1 (55/1 1st round leader market)

He’s another youngster who has been forcing his way through since turning
    pro last year. He’s already got that win under his belt at the Puerto Rico Open
    earier in the year and wasn’t far behind Morikawa in the Workday last month.
    He’s got all the right credentials, except for consistancy. He’s thrown in some
    bad rounds recently, none worse that his 79 in the final round of the memorial,
    but if he get’s his sh*t together he could still be there on Sunday with every
    chance.

Mathew Wolff 125/1 (100/1 1st round leader market)

I feel that this year the young up-and-coming brigade have made a pretty good start.
    He’s the 3rd player I’ve mentioned on here who is only in his 2nd year on the tour.
    Normally you’d be looking for experience in a Major but these guys have all got their
    1st win, Wolff was in the 3M Open last year, and they have the game to threaten here.
    Personally I think the 125/1 odds is completely mad by the bookies. He can be erratic,
    but he was runner up last month in the Rocket Mortgage Classic and a pretty decent T12
    when trying to defend his title in the 3M Open. He hits it a mile and is pretty decent
    around the greens and has had some scorching putting rounds. He’s a very decent bookies
    outsider in this,

Max Homa 150/1 (100/1 1st round leader market)

Max has a few years under his belt now, and although he’s taken a bit of time he’s
    finally got the confidence and has had a good year. Two top 10s earlier in the year
    and he wasn’t far away when he finished T3 in the 3M Open last month. I think he
    could spring a surprise here and with his last 2 1st rounds of 65 and 66 he’s
    definitely a candidate for 1st round leader when the pressure of a final day isn’t
    on him.

That’s a couple more than I normally have, but I’d like to have 1 or 2 to follow
    on Sunday and hopefully I’m still in there pitching. Best of luck guys :good:

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

Morning lads. Here we go then.. the first major of the year at last. Have had Broosky in this the last two years and Kuchar I have to back for every major until he wins one as you all may remember. Bryson I’m backing since he landed me my touch a few weeks back and I’d just kick myself if he hosed in here.

I’ve gone looking for players this week who play well when the winning score is only just above par. The real tough courses will be similar to this week and it’ll feel more like a US Open than a typical PGA. With the crazy high number of places on offer, I’ve ended up backing more than planned in the end. Different approach but I am confident that I’ll at least have one in the running by Sunday night.

All each way, 11 places unless stated.

Ended up going:
    – Bryson Dechambeau – 1.5 points E/W @ 14/1
    – Brooks Koepka – 1.4 points E/W @ 10/1
    – Webb Simpson – 1.4 points E/W @ 28/1 (9 places)
    – Matt Fitzpatrick – 0.6 points E/W @ 40/1
    – Gary Woodland – 0.5 points E/W @ 40/1
    – Matt Kuchar – 0.5 points E/W @ 90/1 (9 places)
    – Bubba Watson – 0.5 points E/W @ 90/1
    – Ryan Palmer – 0.5 points E/W @ 125/1
    – Kevin Kisner – 0.5 points E/W @ 150/1 (10 places)
    – Michael Thompson – 0.4 points E/W @ 200/1

– 1.1 points on any player having 18 straight pars on their opening round @ 50/1

Good luck all

PantsPants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 630

Good to have Major golf back. 5 darts for me all e/w to 8 places;

Xander – 18/1
    Webb Simpson – 25/1
    Daniel Berger – 35/1
    Jason Day – 35/1
    Tommy Fleetwood – 40/1

Good luck all.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

It’s moving day !!
    To be honest there are still many many chances to win this!!
    Tommy and Haotong shot the lights out yesterday but I can see the course being set up tough the last two days and I think a couple of 67’s will put you close to winning if you are three o four under.
    Berger is my main hope but still have aspirations for that horrible man Pat Reed!!
    Plenty of ours have chances still guys so good luck :good: :good: :good: :good:

Pants …. kudos for you picks pretty much all bang there :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Berger best hope for me he is hope he carry on moving tonight

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

Good luck today lads.

Just had another 1.5 points E/W at 4/1 (5 places) on Brooksy. Will keep adding to that throughout the round. Can see him clear leader by tonight.

Think he’s going to at the very least finish in the 5 so it’s a bet to nothing virtually

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

Brooks would be miles ahead if he had putted well this week

Unusually for him he’s left a lot of putts short and had many miss due to taking late break because of lack of pace

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

horror 15 minutes for koepka

3 bogeys in a row and now has to make at the very least 1 birdie to get back in contention

Sensational golf from DJ though, holing it from everywhere

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

So what do we think guys?
    It looks wide open to me and I just hope they put some tricky pin placements to avoid it being target golf!!
    It looks like there are a fair few that will fancy their chances.
    Can DJ hold it together?
    I am not sure he can but maybe that is wishful thinking LOL
    I am like Darren and will be cheering Berger on but there are soooooooooo many with chances.

Good Luck Guys :good: :good: and hopefully at least one of us can bag the winner :good: :good:

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3810

Never bothered this year, but seen as it’s on TV earlier i have done Casey @ 16/1 4 places. Must of backed him in the last 10 majors so would be sick as a parrot if he won.

Hopefully some of you guys collect on something :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

Thank god they are teeing off a bit earlier today

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

I wholeheartedly agree FF, I’ve been like a half shut knife today after watching
    until 3am last night and being up sharp today. It’s so close I can’t call it just
    now. I’ve got Dechambeau, Morikawa and Wolff still there or thereabouts. Leaders
    have played 4 and there’s probably about 20 players still in with some kind of shout.
    This is going to be good :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.