The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ultima Chase

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Going over it one more time in search of late value, The Big Breakaway looks a fair bit too big on the basis of EW to 8 places at 14/1. You’d need to hope his jumping will be better, but he has plenty going for him, not least that the best two ratings of his career have been achieved in his last two outings.

worzelwaywardlad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 204

Totally agree, just backed him before I read your post Joe.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13203

Like Joe, looking for a bit of value I see that David Pipe has brought
    one over from France. He’s never raced this side of the channel but
    ICEO MADRIk will at lest relish the ground having been running on
    heavy consistantly. He was 2nd last time out at Cagnes-Sur-Mer (heavy)
    in a grade 3 £130,000 race. There are a lot of questions to be asked
    and 2m7f (last time) is the furthest he’s gone but he is also down for
    the Midlands National on Saturday so I don’t think the extra couple of
    furlongs seems a problem in the Pipe camp. Jack Tudor is down to ride
    him and whilst he could be anything (or nothing) at 50/1 Bet365 I think
    he is worth taking the risk and if he goes instead to the Midlands National
    it’s a money back shot.

Iceo Madrik 50/1 6 places Bet365.

• Total Posts 14971

Was hoping that Remastered would be my only bet in this, but looks as if I’m splitting things three ways.

I reckon Corach Rambler will be in The Gold Cup picture next year, so seems daft not betting him here, but I’ll risk it.

Remastered I love, and I just think this is the race for him. His last run, albeit over hurdles, is one of only two concerns I have. The other concern is his price. I can get 20’s just now, which just seems too big.

I can see The Goffer being Aintree bound next year, and one of my horses to follow this season. I can’t leave the 16’s.

Good Boy Bobby is the one I didn’t want to see in here, as it just complicated things for me. I was surprised he didn’t go to Kempton, as it looked perfect. He’s inconsistent, but I’ll be positive and just assume that he’s due then. Nicely treated on one of his going days, and he’s just too big to leave alone here.

It’s a really strong renewal, and I could bet half of them.

Into Overdrive has really impressed me this year, while Nassalam has been interestingly ridden more than once.

Loved the comeback run from Cloudy Glen, while Tea Clipper has a few things going for him.

I’ve put Top Ville Ben up a couple of times this year, and he’s ran well. I think his price is mad, and I’m only not betting him as four would be pushing it.

Last but not least, I wouldn’t be in a rush to write off the rank outsider Glamorgan Duke.

Pleased to have ignored this rave Antepost, and I’ll have a few quid on this trio, and I’ll also top up probably, especially if I see bigger, so I’ll try to claw that back in running.

Good Boy Bobby 33’s EW 8pls
    Remastered 20’s
    The Goffer 16’s

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

This rain is not good for Oscar Elite. Not sure what’s happening in Cheltenham but its pissing down in Newcastle.

Participant
    • Total Posts 740

Now that Beauport is directed to the Kim Muir, I’ve had to take a deeper look at this and now fancy about 15 of these. Given it’s a Festival handicap which is kind of the point, I guess.

But nobody on the preview circuit has tipped the second favourite at all (Into Overdrive). Is that because it’s from an unfashionable stable, and people just think is in too deep now?

I do wonder how many of the Grand National entries have this as any sort of target or whether it’s a warm-up like it was for Noble Yeats last year. I’m therefore taking the position of ruling out those who are serious for the National, if only to help me work out where I stand and even through that rules out Cloudy Glen, and that worries me!

I know this one keeps getting too far behind in its races, but I keep leaving Fanion D’Estruval on my shortest list for this, despite having reservations about the jockey.

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4740

I wouldn’t worry about those with National entries as its 4 weeks away and you need them hitting form in their runs before it.

The best things in life are free.
    But you can give them to the birds and bees.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

Mob handed in this.

Good Boy Bobby 33s (BOG)
    Laskalin 66s e/w (BOG)
    Iceo Madrik e/w 50s (BOG)

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

“This rain is not good for Oscar Elite”

Looking at his action you would think he should handle plenty of cut but deep ground is a stiff aerobic workout and therefore might increase the bleeding risk perhaps.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

I’ll be in The Big Breakaway ( 3rd in a Browns is nice course form ) he,a going in a double for the Nat to , I’m also on Fastorslow , plenty of money about after spending a winter running at too short , I reckon he,ll love this

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Plenty money about for Jonjos horse this morning , stuck with Big Breakaway and Fastorslow , the more rain the better for the big lad

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

2 not enough , I’ve got to cover Oscar Elite , right 3s enough

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

Happygolucky is my main bet at 20-1 + I have also taken 40-1 on The Wolf.

The Wolf is more of a ew pick but I have went on the nose

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9289

My favourite race of the whole meeting ( I know: what am I?) but I suppose it has so many old favourites in it! I’m getting nervous already and if Ben wins the whole village will hear me shouting!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

Added
    Remastered

Best of luck to all :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Corach Rambler ew 7 places i went with in the end.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

Tea Clipper EW 40s and Top Ville Ben EW at 25s

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.