The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

U.S Presidential Election

Home Forums Lounge U.S Presidential Election

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4158

“There is a man with a gun on the roof.”
    When was the last time I’ve heard that?

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

“to hit the president (albeit his ear) from a distance of 130 yards would
    need a very advance shooter.”

“Either by taking Crooks out or by moving the President.”

He’s not President yet Big G & Ginge ;-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 13241

I think all ex presidents are still addressed as Mr President Homer or ex President.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32169

The lad was old enough to buy a gun but is too young to buy a beer… :wacko:

The photo that Corky put up will become iconic..

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 13241

More info is coming to light. It seems that two law enforcement officers scaled
    a ladder to the top of the building the shooter was on. The lead officer was
    spotted by Crooks, who turned his rifle towards the officer. Michael T Slupe,
    the Butler County sheriff, said the officer was gripping the edge of the roof
    and could not reach his gun when Crooks aimed at him. “He lets go because he
    doesn’t want to get killed,” he told reporters.

Shots were fired after this, which means that Crooks, knowing he had been spotted,
    gets back into a prone position, get as comfortable as you can, controls his breathing,
    never fire holding your breath, only fire when you exhale. All this takes a great deal
    of control, not to mention a reasonable time. Quick draw McGraw it isn’t. All this
    concentration when he knows the cops are climbing to the roof and the snipers would
    undoubtedly be informed. If he manages to do all this he has nerves of steel.

Somebody is going to get this in the ass, and I still have reservations as to Crooks
    ability to get the shot away (130 yards) when he knows the authorities are all but
    on his butt.

I wouldn’t be happy accepting all of this at face value. Im not saying things are not
    as said, but my nose says there is more to come.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5970

Big G you make it sound as if this kind of thing as happened to a President ( or wannabe President ) before ……. It’s as iffy as hell , let’s get down to basics how does anyone get anywhere near this rally with a rifle … Trump is making hay so won’t say anything now but down the line ….

Participant
    • Total Posts 13241

Agreed HDLG, Trump will lap this up, he’d be a fool not to. There are BIG questions
    to be answered down the line.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6009
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1509

There should have been officers on that roof.

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
    I've walked and I crawled on six crooked highways
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9299

Aren’t they saying that it was just glass from a damaged autocue that cut his ear? To think that someone who dodged conscription is now hailed as a hero when another man who died protecting his family is being ignored. Trump rally’s are like a form of mass hysteria. Billy Graham like. And the man chosen to be his vice president is as bad as Trump. A member of the National Conservatism movement ( isn’t that what Braverman is a member of, too?).

Participant
    • Total Posts 4158

I’m starting to believe less of the ‘official’ version. In fact I don’t believe a word they’re saying. The truth is a lot further away then we might think.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13241

It is indeed an iconic image Drone, it’s a one in a million chance that the photographer
    caught it in that precide moment. He’s onto a fortune for it. A good piece of journalism
    too.

Without doubt there should have been officers on that roof. It gives a clear line of site
    to the podium.

To be honest Moe, it wouldn’t make a lot of difference if it was glass, he still received
    injuries by being fired on. I don’t think that Corey Comperatore is being ignored, he’s being
    rightly hailed as a hero for protecting his family and thereby losing his life.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

Is Biden having Covid a sign of an announcement coming of:
    “Doctors advising Joe to step down as candidate”?

As a way for him to bow out gracefully.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

I’ve backed Harris and Mrs Obama to be the Democratic nominee.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13241

It more than crossed my mind Ginge

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 757

Although this isn’t directly about Trump it seems there’s a growing belief amongst some of his supporters that his youngest is destined for great things?
    How did this start and what’s it about?
    In 2017 internet users discovered coincidences between his son and a series of 100 year old children’s novels.Written in the 1890’s by Ingersoll Lockwood they tell of the magical adventures of a time travelling boy called Baron Trump who lives in Castle Trump and has a mentor named Don Fum.The cherry picked details have spawned conspiracy theories that Donald & Barron are time travellers and one day Barron become an ‘American Caesar’.
    When you consider QAnon is almost a religion to some citizens it isn’t hard to see why such things take root with extremist political commentators pushing them and we think we have problems?
    good luck to all

Participant
    • Total Posts 13241

I just read the piece in the Guardian Drone. Very well written and thought
    provoking piece.

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.