The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF owner's group – Interested in joining us?

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Group – Outlaw Tom & The Village TRF owner's group – Interested in joining us?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9193

<i>We’ve been keen for quite some time to find a way to offer a really affordable way for TRF members to get involved in racing as part of a TRF owner’s group and we think we’ve finally managed to come up with something that will be very affordable, while still giving everyone a great chance for the type of ‘hands-on’ ownership benefits some of the bigger racing clubs can’t manage.

Have a look at the brief details below and anyone interested please get in touch with me (<!– e –>david@theracingforum.co.uk<!– e –>) as soon as possible please as we’d like to go ‘live’ before the horse runs again.</i>

<b>Details -</b>

We’ve been offered a great opportunity to partner with an existing owner’s group based in Scotland called the Milnathort Racing Club.

They currently have a horse which they own – <b>Outlaw Tom</b> – placed with Lucinda Russell. Outlaw Tom was second recently for them and seems like the type of horse that’ll be lots of fun to own, with every chance of a win or two (but of course there are no guarantees).

The Racing Forum will be taking up a number of shares in the club (depending on how many people are interested) and will then offer part-shares to TRF members. This helps us take the cost down to very affordable levels.

Milnathort RC will look to take on a second horse if they continue to attract new shareholders in the group and so on.

I’ve been told by the trainer that the group are well run and all the dealings I’ve had with Paul, who runs the group, have been very positive so I am sure that they will be a very good group of people to be involved with.

At the end of each year the shareholders vote on whether to divide the assets or reinvest (any prizemoney, etc). But I’d stress that you should approach this with the intention of having fun rather than making any profit.

Benefits include being able to get along to see the horse run as an owner (but please note that owners tickets are limited at courses so tickets are balotted each year and everyone gets a turn) and also being able to visit the yard to see the horse in the stable and at work. It’s also a great chance to meet up with fellow TRF members and racing enthusiasts and we’d look to try to do some additional things under the TRF banner.

I’ve been to Lucinda’s yard and they are really friendly and open and, of course, while there you’d also have a chance to meet one of jump racing’s stars, Peter Scudamore, the former champion jockey and broadcaster who is Lucinda’s partner and assistant trainer.

You’d also be kept informed regularly by email about both the horse and the owner’s group itself. We’d also look to have a small section on TRF where we could follow the horse’s progress. I think it could be lots of fun for those involved and I’m looking forward to it very much myself.

Clearly, being trained in Scotland, it’s likely that the horse will run predominantly, perhaps exclusively, in the north of the country which is something to bear in mind if you live in the south (although we’d love to have you on board wherever you’re based – you could couple up the odd ‘get-away’ weekend in Edinburgh with a visit to the stable and a meet-up with fellow TRF’ers at the races !).

You can read all about Milnathort Racing Club on their website – http://www.milnathortrc.moonfruit.com/

We’re looking to move quite quickly (as Outlaw Tom is due to run again quite soon) so I’d be grateful if you could let me know by the weekend if you would like to join us.

Anyone interested please get in touch via the email (<!– e –>david@theracingforum.co.uk<!– e –>) and I’ll get back with fuller details of costs.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cormack15

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.