The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Meet Up – Lockinge Day Newbury

Home Forums Lounge TRF Meet Up – Lockinge Day Newbury

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Saturday 17th May 2014.

http://www.racecoursenewbury.co.uk/raceday/jlt-lockinge-stakes-day/

Come and join the fun. Rumour has it that if at the Cheltenham Festival that First Lieutenant wins the Gold Cup and My Tent or Yours wins the Champion Hurdle then TAPK will pay your entrance fee for TRF Meet Up….. <!– s:D –>:D<!– s:D –>

TRF weather man Drone has informed me that it might stop raining by May so it’s all systems go.

Already lined up we have TAPK, Jonibake, Gingertipster, bozlike, Ricky Lake and myself.
    Anyone else up for the party???

I’m hoping my boy Toronado turns up to add to his Sussex group 1 and take home the Lockinge for team Hannon. I hear he is raring to go. ‘Let me at um’!!!

Picture courtesy from Toronado facebook page.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

TRF weather man Drone has informed me that it might stop raining by May so it’s all systems go

I’ll endeavour to settle my debts with BetNathan by laying you the usual pint of Thatcher’s Gold and packet of pork scratchings that it will stop raining on the 10th of May and they’ll start watering the track on the 15th "in order to maintain the going" :) :roll:

If you ever venture to York I’ll meet you on the Members’ Lawn and present you with a pint of John Smith’s Smooth and a black pudding

Have a good day and do please remember to post a treatise on and photos of the Pilsen-Lake encounter, which I’m sure we’re all most eager should occur :)

The Thames Valley ain’t seen nothin’ yet :!:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

Im definitely going , and will be bringing some specially filled sausage rolls for Mr P ….plus the usual pack of salt n vinegar crisps for TAPK

Bring it on :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33010

Don’t want anything like a repetition of last year’s Swansea V Cardiff grudge match in front of the Newbury Grandstand Ricky. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Saturday 17th May 2014.

http://www.racecoursenewbury.co.uk/raceday/jlt-lockinge-stakes-day/

Come and join the fun. Rumour has it that if at the Cheltenham Festival that First Lieutenant wins the Gold Cup and My Tent or Yours wins the Champion Hurdle then TAPK will pay your entrance fee for TRF Meet Up….. :D

At 33/1 down on ‘The Tent’ Nath I’ll be paying for the Champagne too.Of course If I have to suffer the same fate as last years ‘Supreme’ I’ll be still hurting and I know ‘The New One’ is the horse to break my heart.Of course I still want him to turn up as its the race of the meeting,me being a sporting loser and that! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Im definitely going , and will be bringing some specially filled sausage rolls for Mr P ….plus the usual pack of salt n vinegar crisps for TAPK

Bring it on :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ricky,I’ve always rated your posts and look forward to meeting the man behind the mask.Your

spat

with Mr Pilsen reminded me of the many I’ve had on here.

Mr Wilson v TAPK

Equitrack/Armchair Jockey v TAPK

Reet Hard v TAPK

Grasshopper v TAPK

and the thrilla in Manila

Fist v TAPK

……..

Ginge v TAPK

is still ongoing but like ‘Reet’ ‘Grass’ and ‘Fisty’ I respect them all!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33010

Ricky,I’ve always rated your posts and look forward to meeting the man behind the mask.Your

spat

Ginge v TAPK

"Still ongoing"?
    Thought it was over? :mrgreen:

To think all those names you called me Gord. "Fake, liar, cheat, chartetan"… No, doesn’t sound much like "respect" to me. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

spat

Ginge v TAPK

"Still ongoing"?
    Thought it was over? :mrgreen:

To think all those names you called me Gord. "Fake, liar, cheat, chartetan"… No, doesn’t sound much like "respect" to me. :lol:

I’ve called you a ‘Charletan’,I wouldn’t dream of calling you a ‘Chartetan’? Christ one a thems like being called a right tosspot! :lol:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Hmm, a round trip of over 300 miles and then not to even see a horse jump a fence. I’ll have to have a think about that. Any chance of

Gamble

turning up? that might swing it :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

If you ever venture to York I’ll meet you on the Members’ Lawn and present you with a pint of John Smith’s Smooth and a black pudding

Sounds great. :D
    Even better though if on the last county championship match of the season at Headingly if Somerset are still in the hunt for the title. I will bring my bat and ball and we can have a knock about on the field in the lunch break.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

At 33/1 down on ‘The Tent’ Nath I’ll be paying for the Champagne too.

At 6/1 I’ll buy the racecards……. :lol:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

Mr P …..if you turn up , I will buy you any drink you like , as long as it doesnt cost more than 2 quid ……

Gamble ….is in deepest dither these days , but Ill have a special brew for him ……..

:D

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

Even better though if on the last county championship match of the season at Headingly if Somerset are still in the hunt for the title. I will bring my bat and ball and we can have a knock about on the field in the lunch break.

I did attend a Tyke – Mummerset CC match once; not at Headingley but at either Abbeydale Park or Scarborough, the memory is dim

I look forward to subjecting you to a Boycott-style bore-in on why the Headingley pitch is an ideal surface for fast swing provided the ball is pitched in ‘the corridor of uncertainty’ :)

My corridor was always very uncertain – think Mitchell Johnson during his wilderness years – and given I can barely get my arm over these days due to a combination of frozen shoulder and aching age you’d better bowl and I’ll bat – a ‘useful number 9’ so I was :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

You could always bowl under arm and to even it out I promise to bat left handed…… :lol:

If Hannon goes down the route of 10f with Toronado I may just have to take a few days off work to make it up for the International. If you throw in a slice of bread to go with the black pudding my arm would most defiantly be twisted. :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Drone was bang on with his weather report, like a summers day today. Hope it remains the same for Cheltenham and then a decent summer of Flat racing. :D

Anyone else heading Newbury way for this meet up then?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I’ve bought the train tickets.
    all that’s left to do is let the sun out and have proper flat racing ground.

Mr Hannon on the Lockinge

if it’s fast it will be Toronado, and if it’s soft it will be Olympic Glory.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

I’d love to come along and put a face to the names but can’t make it (it’s a long way!).

I’ll be down for Ascot and was thinking maybe a meet-up that week at some point with some of you Southerners would be good.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.