The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Travel to Towcester

Home Forums Archive Topics Racecourse Guides Travel to Towcester

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

I’m planning on going to Towcester next Thursday, I will be travelling by train/bus from London.

Has anyone any advice on the best way to go ?

Thanks

Participant
    • Total Posts 7234

The 89 bus goes from Milton Keynes Station (stand Z4)

Hourly service leaving the Central Station at 26 minutes past the hour, return service from Towcester Square at 21. Travels via Potterpury and Pury End before Towcester so I presume it passes the course on the A5. If not, it’s not too far from the centre of Towcester to the course.

Bus timetable

http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/transport/documents/89.pdf

Rob

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

The 89 bus goes from Milton Keynes Station (stand Z4)

Hourly service leaving the Central Station at 26 minutes past the hour, return service from Towcester Square at 21. Travels via Potterpury and Pury End before Towcester so I presume it passes the course on the A5. If not, it’s not too far from the centre of Towcester to the course.

Bus timetable

http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/transport/documents/89.pdf

Rob

Thanks

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Did you have a good day at Towcester?

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

Ended up going to Warwick on Wednesday instead as it seemed easier to get to via public transport.

Quite a nice course and a decent view from the upstairs part of the grandstand apart from when they go behind the hill and you can watch that on the large screen anyway.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Ended up going to Warwick on Wednesday instead as it seemed easier to get to via public transport.

Quite a nice course and a decent view from the upstairs part of the grandstand apart from when they go behind the hill and you can watch that on the large screen anyway.

Warwick is a nice course although, as you point out, having a hill in the middle of the course does bugger things up slightly but at least they have a big screen so you can still follow the action and also there are no fences or hurdles hidden behind the hill.

The view is good from the upper level of the grandstand – it’s where I watch the racing from.

If you are thinking of going to Towcester in the future drop me a PM beforehand – I go to almost all the Towcester meetings and I live in Milton Keynes – I could give you a lift to / from the course.

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

Warwick is a nice course although, as you point out, having a hill in the middle of the course does bugger things up slightly but at least they have a big screen so you can still follow the action and also there are no fences or hurdles hidden behind the hill.

The view is good from the upper level of the grandstand – it’s where I watch the racing from.

If you are thinking of going to Towcester in the future drop me a PM beforehand – I go to almost all the Towcester meetings and I live in Milton Keynes – I could give you a lift to / from the course.

Thanks, very nice of you to offer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.