The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Trainers Ready to Strike

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Trainers Ready to Strike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

In my form study I like to look for trainers ready to strike form before the Market has reacted. The theory being that said trainers horses are well handicapped and potentially at a value price vs the opposition that have shown their hand in recent form.

For example Alan King had winners of big races pre Xmas (Raya Star & West End Rocker spring to mind) but the previous season his horses were just not right and ran accordingly.

A second example would be V Williams who’s winner yesterday, Ciceron, has come down the handicap during a period when most of her runners were running below form.

Below is a list of trainers I feel could/have struck form and therefore their runners may offer some value:

F Murphy
    C Mann
    V Williams

Less strongly I will be keeping an eye on John Quinn, Jim Goldie & H Knight.

On the downside I feel a fair few of C Longsdon’s runners may have shown their hand and several may need to come down the handicap so I’ll be looking to oppose his runners till the end of the jumps season.

I’m certain there are more examples further down the jumps trainers table, or indeed flat trainers as well.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.