The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Totesport Trophy Handicap Hurdle

Home Forums Horse Racing Totesport Trophy Handicap Hurdle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    InvisibleLayerInvisibleLayer
    • Total Posts 101

Myself Im all over Moore’s Law at 20s, races on decent weight, should of won at Down Royal on its penultimate but jumped markedly left at its hurdles handing the race to Victram so should go well on Newbury’s going the other way round,

Like to hears peoples views on the race and good luck if your having a punt

(Edited by InvisibleLayer at 7:30 pm on Feb. 9, 2007)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Haven’t a look at the race yet but all week I’ve been wondering why Tarlac is twice the price of the jolly considering he’s weighted to beat him, is open to just as much improvement, hails from a yard that know EXACTLY what it takes to win this race (successful in 4 of last 8 renewals) and is ridden by best rider in history.

• Total Posts 101

Acambo is on the slide

SirHarryLewisSirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1194

one of tony mullins for me…probably new field just for me if the ground gets a bit sticky

SHL

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Of Acambo and Tarlac I would slightly favour the former, even on revised terms, but Mister Hight interests me more at around 14/1.

He became disappointing toward the end of last season, but looked extremely good in beating Rindoon two outings ago (the runner up has since gone on to win fairly impressively on two occasions). Last time out he could only manage second in a relatively competitive, if weaker, Leopardstown handicap, but he was giving away masses of weight (in heavy ground) to the winner.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

But don’t you think Mister Height needs very soft conditions to be at his best? Thats my opinion of him anyway.

I backed him each way that day, mainly because of his previous ability and the ground.

I really don’t know about this race. Acambo is better on better ground but i think he is VERY good and could just get away with it.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Form of the yard any concern? Just 2 winners since August and that was the same horse?

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I was going to do a write-up on the race but I won’t bore you with it. Moore’s Law and Private Be for me. Who is Morre’s Law 20/1 with Invisible Layer?

• Total Posts 101

sorry FSL backed this on wen then again thurs morning with betfred

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

I can’t really see Tarlac turning around the form with Acambo. The Pipe horse was laughing at Tarlac from a long way out at Ascot, and, were it not for a careless mistake at the last, would be set to concede appreciably more weight today.<br>The horse has only 3lb more physical weight than his Ascot triumph, and this field is some 20lb worse than the one Rooster Booster just failed in, so unless it turns out to be a bog, he should be difficult to beat once again.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

This Totesport trophy is always one of my favorite races of the year. If Newbury get the predicted rain then I think that the soft ground and topweight will be too much for Acambo. I respect N.Henderson a lot and he has a good record in this race so Tarlac cannot be disregarded.<br>I think an Irish trained horse will probably win this but which one? Mister Hight and New Field look to be have been harshly treated by the hcapper imo. Mister Hight also has a lot of weight. Pedrobob looks a danger but has never won a hcap.<br>So I apologise to FSL ( for the 2nd week running ) for placing my curse on his selection but I also fancy the chances of Moore’s Law who will handle the ground, looks reasonably hcapped and has a nice racing weight.   <br>

(Edited by SwallowCottage at 10:50 am on Feb. 10, 2007)

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Private Be may just hold them off at a big price.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’m going for Rio de Janeiro myself.

• Total Posts 101

look set for a cracking race, good luck

rolandroland
    • Total Posts 302

I usually find one of the best ways to make money this time of year is in analysing and following the Pierce Hurdle form, as its contenders start to reappear.

Mister Hight’s problem may be that he fails to travel well, but i expect his stable mate, Quatre Heures, to finish in front of him today anyway, after his first hurdle start of the season and is my pick for today. Also think New Field will reverse form with Mister height and holds a decent chance.

Depending how these three run will also affect whether i back Jaahid,who i fancy, when he runs 10 minutes later at leopardstown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.