The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dante 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dante 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 433

I think looking at him cape blanco is very tender on both forelegs after the race and is jarred up, i still would’nt completely rule out chabal from the derby

• Total Posts 1511

Why would you trot up a clearly injured Horse so the BHA Vets can be satisfied that he is in fact very very very sore on both forelegs.

Coolmore have a schedule to keep to…those Private Plans don’t come cheap especially if your a hour late.

Bring him home with Demi and the brains trust and they find out if he is okay or not. Don’t see how the BHA have any authority to over this tbh.

I am sure the Breeding side don’t want to have a future stallion being whispered as having very bad legs when being checked over by the Vets.

The ground seemed obscene to Jamie on Sariska.

• Total Posts 433

WALLACE if the BHA vets are dictated to by trainers then what chance is there left for racing to show it is responsible when the old animal aid idiots are rampaging, cape blanco was clearly tender on both forelegs and jarred up after the race and may not have been in a position to travel home comfortably, a simple trot up would not have caused any more harm than has already been done . what exactly is this terribly expensive coolmore private plan ,FFS they have more money to spend on horses than anyone else in europe, I dont know if you are aware or not but a horse works quite hard when traveling keeping his balance etc.

• Total Posts 1511

" cape blanco was clearly tender on both forelegs and jarred up after the race and may not have been in a position to travel home comfortably, a simple trot up would not have caused any more harm than has already been done ."

This is the crux of the problem…if BHA has decided he couldn’t travel home then what were they going to do with Cape Blanco. Leave him at York in the stables on his own?…who decides when he can go home?….Does the Owner not have the right to remove his horse whenever he wants?…and most importantly the Ballydoyle Vets can’t see what the problem is and rectify it as soon as possible(ruining all chance of turning up for the Derby if the injury isnt treated properly and professionally)?

I can see your point with Trainer telling Stewards though

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Cape Blanco looks much better on good ground, it looks the best of O’Brien’s derby horses.

JohnJ

Mmmm!
    Thought I’d heard after the race that they believe today’s winner about the equal of Midas Touch, and gave the impression they’re both inferior to SNA?
    Not sure how good the form is just yet, but Workforce ran a decent race considering his jockey had no steering from some way out, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the result reversed sometime during the season. Can’t see him running in the Derby though.

Mmmm indeed Reet! To my eye he would be the most impressive of the O’Brien principals, however, I wonder how bad the injury is that he picked up.

JohnJ

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Cape Blanco’s performance was equal to Sariska’s today, pretty impressive given that he hadn’t run this distance before, again the Ballydoyle picture is a bamboozle after Murtagh’s St Nic comments thinking there all going for places to him including Cape Blanco but he has been wrong before and I would think he’d be making the same mistake again.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I read stats before the 2000 Guineas last year. Whenever Murtagh’s had the choice of 2 horses, he’d chosen correctly 15 out of 16 times.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I read stats before the 2000 Guineas last year. Whenever Murtagh’s had the choice of 2 horses, he’d chosen correctly 15 out of 16 times.

The Derby could end up being an O,Brien 1,2,3 at this rate,i personally wouldn"t touch St Nicholas Abbey on fast ground and would love to see

Viscount Nelson

run,although he does trade at 150 on the machine,worth the risk at that price! :idea:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Can you elaborate please?

For O’Brien only?
    In Group 1s only?
    In 3yo races only?

He got both the Chester Vase and the Derby wrong last year, and that’s just off the top of my head

Both AFTER the Guineas I admit but still …

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

So just when did the bit slip on Workforce, and just how much did it affect the result?
    The horse was obviously unhappy with something before they turned in, and his head was angled to the right from fully 6f out, but was that the ground, inexperience, or simply him trying to follow the steel which was clearly outside the right of his mouth for much of the closing 3f of the race.
    Just how much difference did it make, and when?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Can you elaborate please?

For O’Brien only?
    In Group 1s only?
    In 3yo races only?

He got both the Chester Vase and the Derby wrong last year, and that’s just off the top of my head

Both AFTER the Guineas I admit but still …

Well he didn’t have the choice of 2 horses in the Derby, did he?

Only for O’Brien and I assume only Group races. Possibly it’s only Group 1s, I really can’t remember that well, but it was certainly around 15 out of 16 (definitely only got it wrong once).

• Total Posts 174

Yes he did. He actually had the choice of 6 horses in the Derby last year, and he did get it wrong (RVW 4th rather than FAG 2nd).

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Hi antipost king, I looked again and again in your postof 4/22/10 for the winner of the dante but failed to find it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Yes he did. He actually had the choice of 6 horses in the Derby last year, and he did get it wrong (RVW 4th rather than FAG 2nd).

Precisely. He had the choice between 6, not 2.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

To be fair last year’s Derby even though they had 6 runners it was a 2 horse pick really, the Chester trial he got wromg also.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’ve just read Cape Blanco Dazzling performance.

By hell some people are easily dazzled and if Murtagh chooses this fellow he won’t be winning any Derby.

Coordinated Cut flattered to decieve again, Chabal is grossly overrated and all Cape Blanco has done is put up a workmanlike performance. No where near justifying his current Derby odds…..clumsy, no toe and travels like a very odrinary horse about sums him up.

If he wasn’t trained by AOB he’d be 25/1-33/1

Howver one horse really caught mt eye.

I thought Workforce stood out like a sore thumb. He was definitaly undercooked for this running like a rodeo horse released from the gate in the early stages. He hung a bit but that is only to be expected from a horse who’s 2nd run of his life was in a Derby trial. He’s gone about 3 out IMO but the seemec to get a second wind and ran on really well.

SMS being SMS you can expect massive improvement and you can bet your life come Derby Day this horse will be the one St Nicholas Abbey has to fear most aand not Cape Blanco.

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

SNA for the derby, think murtagh will choose to ride the horse aswell. Was never going to win the guineas, too fast pace and too shorta distance. think it will go 2/1 and shorter on the day.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.