The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dante 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dante 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

The more I look, the more I make Chabal an absolute banker.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The more I look, the more I make Chabal an absolute banker.

The benefit of a run has to make him 5/2 favourite Zarkava,i"m hoping for 7/2

Workforce

myself! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Workforce could be anything, whereas Cape Blanco have got already got franked form. CHABAL!

• Total Posts 629

I can’t work out who scared off all of the opposition?! :lol:

We’ll see…

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Workforce could be anything, whereas Cape Blanco have got already got franked form. CHABAL!

What’s franked Cape Blanco’s form? The form of his Futurity win is truly dire. Beat King Ledley 2 1/2 lengths – Alfred Nobel beat King Ledley by 6 1/2.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1404

Coordinated Cut is a place lay for me. The form of his maiden last year was dire, he was dire in the Racing Post Trophy and the form of his Conditions win has been utterly abysmal.

Utterly abysmal? … waaaay too harsh and underestimated IMO. Just looking at the last two runs of Hot Prospect will give some indication of where Coordinated Cut stands with Bullet Train.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

I’m worried about he prospect as fast ground for Chabal, also the fact that he can pull hard so a six runner field might count against him.

There appears to be more than enough potential in the other candidates to make it worth opposing Chabal. The Team Ballydoyle horse and Workforce are quite hard to gauge but their form has hardly been let down. Also, Coordinated Cut’s form doesn’t appear that bad to me either, especially his last win where he beat Ameer (a horse thought decent enough to be put in The Derby, French Derby, Italian Derby, The Dante, Prix Greffulhe (G2, St Cloud), Prix Hocquart (G2, Longchamp), Grand Prix de Paris (G1, Longchamp) and King Edward VII at Royal Ascot). There was six lengths back to the useful third placed horse as well.

Having said all that, I would like to see Chabal win like a good horse and give Godolphin a genuine Derby contender for the first time in a long time now that Passion for Gold is unlikely to make the line up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Coordinated Cut is a place lay for me. The form of his maiden last year was dire, he was dire in the Racing Post Trophy and the form of his Conditions win has been utterly abysmal.

Utterly abysmal? … waaaay too harsh and underestimated IMO. Just looking at the last two runs of Hot Prospect will give some indication of where Coordinated Cut stands with Bullet Train.

Yup, and Rasmy’s run at Chester gives you some indication of how far ahead Chabal is.

I wouldn’t worry about the pace factor for him. They crawled at Sandown and I thought he was in big trouble turning for home but he produced a very nice turn of foot. To be honest it was almost too good. I think he’ll turn into an extremely smart 10f horse as a 4yo. Maybe a Godolphin World Cup horse.

• Total Posts 1688

Can’t help but think this is all happening way too soon for Workforce.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Michael Stoute’s won it twice in the last 10 years with horses stepping up from maiden wins, and he’d rarely bump one up so far in class without justification, so you’d have to suspect that Workforce was the real deal.
    The whole of Chabal’s form screams stayer to me, and I’d be surprised if he’s quick enough. The rest appear ordinary.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

What’s franked Cape Blanco’s form? The form of his Futurity win is truly dire. Beat King Ledley 2 1/2 lengths – Alfred Nobel beat King Ledley by 6 1/2.

How is it absolutely dire??? You’re using King Ledley as the benchmark, he has been since sold out of Kevin Prendergast’s yard, possibly because he lost his way. Why not use Mister Tee as the benchmark, who went on to win at Dundalk twice after the Futurity, his last win he had Famous Warrior (beaten 1l in the Ballysax) and Free Judgement (finished ahead of Chabal in the Dewhurst, won the Tetrach Grp3 last month) behind him. I have no idea how Cape Blanco will run tomorrow, although one thing I won’t be doing is dismissing his form, because it is certainly far from dire.

In relation to Workforce although by Kings Best he has a half brother by Rock of Gibraltar who had his first run over 13f and 14f before going novice hurdling, he turn out to be a stayer, all will be revealed tomorrow, I think Chabal and Cape Blanco are the ones to beat.

JohnJ

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

No idea how anybody could back Cape Blanco with any confidence. O’Brien’s have been way, way below form in this country. Not had a winner from about 14 runs. Look at Starspangledbanner – came to win his race and was proved to be totally unfit.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Thats obvious Zarkava, how the form of Cape Blanco’s wins are dire is not so obvious. At some stage O’Brien’s horses will start running to form, maybe tomorrow.

JohnJ.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Does it worry anyone who’s backed Workforce that Sir Michael has said over and over that he isn’t working well at home. I think he’s a horse for the latter part of the season.

Chabal may be worth a biggish bet. I’ll see what price he is first.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1404

Does it worry anyone who’s backed Workforce that Sir Michael has said over and over that he isn’t working well at home. I think he’s a horse for the latter part of the season.

Workforce comes across to me very much as Zacinto did … one with a bigger reputation than his ability. My take on him is that he’ll probably do no better than 2nd or 3rd place. I stand to be corrected though.

Chabal has a very live chance and could go all the way but his victory at Sandown, to me, looked slightly workmanlike.

Coordinated Cut is my choice. Many positives about his win at Newmarket. He has a terrific stride and showed great tenacity to fight back and win after being hampered and looking destined for 2nd. If he does get beaten, it won’t be by far … surely! :lol:

• Total Posts 33

Surely if he was a good work horse he would have been sent off a lot shorter than 3/1 in Goodwood. Just my thought.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Chabal did it nicely at Sandown without being overly impressive. Coordinated Cut battled back really well at Newmarket and isn’t without a chance. Aidan O’Brien’s horses simply aren’t firing so Cape Blanco has to be a negative for me on that reason alone; which leaves Workforce, whose slightly high knee action may be cause for concern on firm ground, yet nevertheless looked a colt with great potential at Goodwood. He’s my idea of the winner.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.