The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Toronado

Home Forums Horse Racing Toronado

Viewing 8 posts - 18 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 20

I think Toronado ran to the best of his form, how far did he beat Dundonnell this time? Maybe he was flattered by Dawn Approach not quite running up to his, maybe that’s as good as both of them are. I’m loathed to blame any jockey that loses a short head or less, a couple of inches the other way and people would be calling Hughes a genius. As for his record in multiple Hannon entries, there’s lots of factors that can determine the outcome, indeed that determine which horse he rides, but yards don’t run two or three in a race just to give everybody a day out.

• Total Posts 275

Now that was class on

sky lantern!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Yeah. Another Group 1 victory for the champ.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

• Total Posts 1982

Ride Of The Week.

Wide draw. Class field. Right tactical decision. Perfect ride.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Sky Lantern is some filly, but I do think presenters totally over-state last to first rides. Unfancied second Kenhope also at the back as they came around the bend.

To win by that far Sky Lantern is undoubtedly the best filly in the race, but not as superior as the distances back to other fancied runners suggest.

Hughesie took a chance and it paid off because the other market principles took each other on to get what was supposedly a "good position". A professional gambler once told me there is one time a "poor draw" is the best draw. When it encourages a pilot to drop the horse out in what turns out to be an overly strongly run race.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Hughes took a chance but in a big field, fighting for position there was always the likelihood they would go off quick.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Very true Nathan.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Sky Lantern is some filly, but I do think presenters totally over-state last to first rides. Unfancied second Kenhope also at the back as they came around the bend.

To win by that far Sky Lantern is undoubtedly the best filly in the race, but not as superior as the distances back to other fancied runners suggest.

Hughesie took a chance and it paid off because the other market principles took each other on to get what was supposedly a "good position". A professional gambler once told me there is one time a "poor draw" is the best draw. When it encourages a pilot to drop the horse out in what turns out to be an overly strongly run race.

I thought the same GT, most of those up with the pace faded quite badly in the straight, as those held up rattled home.

Viewing 8 posts - 18 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.