The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

topspeed in the weekender

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems topspeed in the weekender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    class tells
    • Total Posts 207

can someone please explain there adjusted latest best topspeed ratings are they the same as on the web site or are they just made up i cant make head nor tale of them want to use best speed figs lto as a filter if i use the weekenders will it be ok or will i have to trawel through the web site to get what i want looks as if the weekender is a total balls up

class tells
    • Total Posts 207

the filter i was looking at was a horse that ran its best speed fig lto and now coming down in class thought i could use the weekender but figures dont tally with web site i have went through few races for saturday as an instance 4.10 newmarket FIRST BUDDY ran 77 ajusted?lto and its best run 77 but it ran topspeed fig 64 lto ajusted to todays weight 69 not 77? the same with the rpr rating ran 82 lto at 9st 6lbs weight ajusted 87 not 95 what do the figures in the weekender represent are they just made up for what its worth first buddy is coming down in class after running its best speed figure I THINK ?

class tells
    • Total Posts 207

looking at some more ratings in the weekender an ajusted latest rpr rating for papal bull 128 it ran 121 lto now with 5lbs more to carry=116 where does the other 12lbs come from,peppertree lane the website lto it ran 112 at 9st 11lbs now set to carry 9st 5lbs=118 its down as 121 in the weekender ARTEMIS please explain this to me your a ratings man how can there be a 9lbs turnaround how do they come to these figures

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Class Tells,

The Topspeed ratings as they appear in the Weekender are the bare speed ratings on the 0 to 140 scale and are only adjusted to take account of weight for age. They are calculated for every race at every meeting and are shown in the results sections of the Weekender and also on the RP website. Essentially, they measure PERFORMANCE on a particular day under the conditions on that day.

In the daily racecards in the RP, the Topspeed figures are all adjusted to take account of the weight carried today and represent the TASK facing the horse today. All Topspeed ratings are shown adjusted to 10st. So, if a horse has a bare speed rating of 100 and carries 9st 7lbs today, it will be shown with a Topspeed rating of 100 + 7(the weight in lbs carried below 10st). The Best(weight adjusted) Topspeed figure over the last 12 months or so, is shown alongside the Latest(weight adjusted) Topspeed figure.

Hope this helps, but if not I can perhaps clarify with examples.

Edit:
    I should mention that when horses of different ages race against each other, you need to make the appropriate weight for age adjustment when arriving at the TASK Topspeed figure. Instead of adjusting to 10st, you need to use (10st minus the weight for age adjustment) as your figure. Otherwise, you will end up with artificially inflated Topspeed figures for younger horses against mature horses.

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi class tells

in the Weekender First Buddy is down to carry 9-1, with an adjusted topspeed of 77 (64+13lbs) and an adjusted RPR of 95 (82+13lbs). Do you get it? The website figure is adjusted down from 10 stone and the weekender replaces it. (in these examples)

Thank god they’re all 3yos.

byefrom
    carlisle

class tells
    • Total Posts 207

see now says the blind man thanks carlisle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.