The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tied Cottage Chase 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Tied Cottage Chase 2012

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kasparovkasparov
    • Total Posts 660

Interesting little race. Maybe best to go long Big Zeb for the Champion Chase as he is fav for this.

Also 100-1 on the third horse is interesting. I would guess the chance of a mishap for any horse is at least 1 in 10 so the third one might have a better than 100-1 chance.

milbear0milbear0
    Participant
    • Total Posts 274

You could do worse than back a 100/1 shot in a 3 runner race, but I’d prefer to take on novices under those circumstances. A cat and mouse affair today at punchestown will tell us nothing about the QMCC unless one were to underperform significantly. Even then, unless it was big zeb who struggled I wouldn’t read too much into the form. I’d suggest the 4/6 available now for big zeb today would represent a greater return than the contraction of his odds for the CC should he be successful later. Therefor, the suggestion would be to go ‘short’ today and then go ‘long’ afterwards with your winnings if you do wish to back big zeb. I think if big zeb loses today we will see 5’s for the big one in march, perhaps a touch bigger.

BiggerBucksBiggerBucks
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20

Big Zeb wins today. Sizing Europe wins the QMCC.

Going for a cheeky wee double – Man Utd. and Big Zeb

Any value seekers. You could do a LOT worse than stick in a few hundred on Sizing Europe antepost for the QMCC. A Big Zeb victory is much more likely, but unless it’s very comprehensive (which I would doubt) then SE’s price won’t drift much. If SE wins, the price will half.

GL :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.