The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thursday 2nd Feb

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Thursday 2nd Feb

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Ollie Magern’s two previous runs have been poor but it could be allowed to dominate in the 3:30 at Wincanton. It’s slightly brave to back it but at 4/1 it seems a fair price.

2pts Ollie Magern @ 4/1 3:30W Lost and had no excuses.<br>

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 4:22 pm on Feb. 2, 2006)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Ollie jumped left when winning the Feltham and I think he is a better horse going that way around. He has run as if having a problem the last 2 starts so I am happy to leave him alone.  Royal Auclair has a good course record, ground and trip also to suit and I expect to him but if the RP forecast is correct (I don’t think it is and expect hoim to be a bit bigger) I won’t be playing at the price.

Am having as big a bet as I have had in a while on Joe Deane in the 4.00. He shaped well when falling 3 out behind Free Gift at Taunton 2 starts ago and then jumped well but struggled to go the pace at Fontwell last time. 7lb lower than at Fontwell tomorow and back at a course and distance he has gone well at he is lurking on a very decent mark. Double figures are well worth taking. The 2 dangers would be the Jim Old and Nicholls horses.

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Ruman (3.20 Southwell) seems progressive and won a bit better than the neck victory suggests last time at Wolverhampton, he’s run well on this surface previous to that and I see no reason why he can’t go in again, Doctor Dennis is my main threat.

RESULT :- Ruman 4/1 lost all chance by a slow start wasn’t beaten far in 7th in the end and can put this right next time, Doctor Dennis was 2nd 7/1.

Pango (4.25 Nad Al Sheba) was unlucky in running here last time finishing full of running and can go very close today. Azarole is my alternative.

RESULT :- Pango ran a stinker and was virtually pulled up, Azarole finished 3rd 7/1

Westport (2.20 Southwell) was only just behind one of todays main rivals Airbound when they made their debuts last time, Westport looked in need of the race more that day and encountered trouble in running, he may just have more improvemnet in him than Airbound as he was very green that day.

RESULT :- Westport WON 11/8 just getting the better of Airbound 11/8 by a short head, f/c paid £3.11.

<br>Stripe Me Blue (4.30 Wincanton) is my small stakes each way interest bet to nothing in the NH flat race at around the 100/1 mark.

RESULT :- Stripe Me Blue 66/1 ran an absolute cracker going under by 2 lengths to impressive winner Kicks For Free 2/9.<br>

(Edited by Jim JTS at 6:57 pm on Feb. 2, 2006)

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

I just favour Westport also Jim in the hope that Rab doesn’t balls it up like he did on his debut.

Be very disappointed if One Knight can’t beat todays opponents in the Cotswold.<br>Royal Auclair the obvious danger.

• Total Posts 2065

Well Westport just got the job done. Well done Jim JTS and Grey Desire for flagging it up (11/8). Glad I wasn’t the judge for the photofinish.;)

• Total Posts 2065

Stripe Me Blue 2nd at 66/1, under 2l off the 2/9 shot. Well Done Jim.

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Thanks FSL, that was a nice result, the winner Kicks For Free looks very smart though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.