The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thompson a genius!!!!!!!

Home Forums Horse Racing Thompson a genius!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Chris B
    • Total Posts 145

Are you married to him?

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25164

Is Thommo married?? my guess is no.!

Member since March 2008
    Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Go racing in Dubai ?

What, and not have a bet !

No, don’t think so. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Thommo proved himself the true master of racing broadcasting on Saturday evening. Who else in the racing media would be capable of getting Sheik Mohammed to utter a trite soundbyte at the end of an interview on the biggest night in the Maktoums’ racing calendar – "COME RACING – IN DUBAI!!!!!!!!!". And Sheik Mo smiled whist doing so.

Ruby Walsh watch and learn the art of good grace!

Not a fan of Ruby are you MP…..

JohnJ.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

your guess is wrong. :lol:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25164

You learn something new every day :shock: :shock:

Member since March 2008
    underscore
    • Total Posts 537

THREAD OF THE MONTH AWARD. :roll:

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Asked if you were a fan not if you made some cash on his rides. Not that I am carrying out a role as defender of Ruby, but you have had a few digs at him, not only on the Thompson interview after the Gold Cup.

JohnJ.

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Watched "that" interview last night and nearly p*ssed myself laughing :lol:

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Thommo’s question to Ruby ( post Gold Cup ) was up there with the sports reporter who once famously (and stupidly ) asked Mike Gatting where he was hurt. :roll:

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Thommo is a Dick but he’s aloveable Dick where would we be without him.I’m sure Ruby hasn’t given it another thought but that had to be the worst bit if tiiming in the history of racing….if he had asked the Duke when he was riding he would have knocked him out :lol: ……….or even better………………..Thommo: Yo Keiren picked the wrong one did we? :) …..now the response would have been funny :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

best interview and answer?

John Embrurey ..asked about how his back was

"The ****** fcker’s ****** fcked"

:shock:

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Tommo is great! don’t know how anyone could slate him, Go MyceneanPrincess for putting this topic on! About time he got some praise for what he does.:D
    His wife is really nice, she organises the Guineas ball at Newmarket for the injured jockeys fund i believe.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

However he did annoy me when he was so dismissive of Thommo in “that” interview at Cheltenham…. Walsh therefore did himself little favours in the eyes of the “masses” when putting Thommo down so scathingly.

This particular “mass” condoned Walsh’s actions entirely, and still does.

We’ve been through this ad infinitum on another thread, maybe even ad nauseam, but whatever the merits of Thompson (and having seen him get all of Market Rasen eating out of his hand at their early July meeting several years running, I’m possibly more disposed that some on here towards admitting he posseses plenty), I cannot regard the Walsh incident as anything other than a poor piece of judgment on his part.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

As others have confirmed, he is indeed married. His wedding was, on the face of it, quite a swanky affair but he put a lot of noises out of joint by making his guests buy all their own drinks. His tightness with money is legendary.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.