The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Time for a review of the action from Hennessy day :)

I got caught in traffic on the way there and knew I was cutting things a bit fine for the opening Spring Juvenile Hurdle, so I watched it from the car park beyond the stand on the left, close to the final hurdle. I had thought

Diakali

would take all the beating but

OUR CONOR

pretty much laughed at him. I watched the replay when I got home and he was very impressive imo, and the best juvenile I’ve seen this year. 6/1 for the Triumph looks too big, if he had WP Mullins beside his name he’s be no bigger tan 4/1.

The Deloitte saw two really likable horses in

CHAMPAGNE FEVER

and

Bright New Dawn

. Champagne Fever came back to close to his best here and just kept finding more and more out in front. I can see why Mullins has said the Supreme for him as Rich Ricci has Pont Alexandre and Ballycasey for the other races, but imo the Neptune is the race for him. He would more than likely get done for toe in the Supreme when all the horse does is stay. Neptune now and RSA next year please Willie :) Bright New Dawn is an absolutely smashing individual, and if you backed horses on looks alone it would be a rare day when you wouldn’t be on him. I’ve already earmarked him for next year’s Jewson. 8)

I don’t think I’ve ever shouted as loud as during the last 50 yards of the Dr. PJ Moriarty, when

BOSTON BOB

somehow or another got his nostrils in front where it counted. Leaving the back straight I thought they all had their work cut out to beat

Lyreen Legend

, who ran a cracker himself. All four may end up in the RSA but I feel the extra distance and another bit of time will see Boston Bob improve on the winning margin. This was an improvement on his beginners chase but he needs to step up again, as he still hasn’t reached the levels he reached last year. He’s definitely going the right way and is the leading Irish contender imo. It’s impossible to know what Willie’s thought process is but when he realises that he has a big chance in the Jewson with Aupcharlie he’ll surely send Boston Bob to he RSA. Dynaste has been impressive but I wouldn’t fear him, while quality looks thin on the ground elsewhere. I’m very happy to be on him at 10/1 and Lyreen Legend at 40/1.

SIR DES CHAMPS

really impressed me in the Hennessy. As they turned out of the back straight my friend asked me what I thought of how the race was panning out. "He’s going well but

Flemenstar

is swinging", I replied. "He’s was swinging there the last day, too" was his response and so it panned out. When Flemenstar jumped alongside him 2 out and Russell dropped a gear Sir Des Champs took off; that’s what I love about this horse. He answers every call and Flemenstar was never getting by him. They pulled a mile clear between the second last and the finish line which was encouraging: it shows that Sir Des Champs has plenty of gears (which I’ve always felt anyway). That was a nice prep for the Gold Cup and it’ll take a serious performance from something else to beat him. The horse I fear most is Bobs Worth: in many ways he’s similar to Sir Des Champs and I doubt there’ll be much between them on the day. Silviniaco Conti was impressive yesterday and although I’m not convinced he’s a Gold Cup horse he warrants plenty of respect.

The hunters chase was another great finish, with

SALSIFY

just getting up to deny

Tammy’s Hill

. Both horses should be involved in Cheltenham, and Salsify looks a rock solid each way bet for that. I was disappointed

Mossey Joe

fell at the second as I thought he was a very interesting runner.

All the above are really good honest to god horses that are very willing in a finish, that was the highlight of the day. Champagne Fever vs. Bright New Dawn, Salsify vs. Tammys Hill, Sir Des Champs vs. Flemenstar, Our Conor scooting clear. That’s what racing’s about those sort of finishes make the day, especially when you’re on the right side of them!

On a side note, I’m surprised the Moriarty finish didn’t get more coverage, was as good as the Lexus :!:

Cheltenham clues aplenty :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

It’s not often an unbeaten Irish novice hurdler slips under the radar but I can’t believe this

Road To Riches

is available at 20/1 for the Albert Bartlett. The form with Pride Ofthe Parish has worked out well with that horse going down in a photo finish to Our Vinnie. Road To Riches has a similar way of going to Sir Des Champs, in that he looks a horse that has bundles in the tank, but takes a bit of asking to produce it. He’s come off the bridle before but he’s been totally dominant over his rivals at the winning post and I don’t think we’ve seen anywhere near the bottom of him yet. I’d make him a 7 or 8/1 chance.

Albert Bartlett
    Road To Riches
    €10 e/w @ 20/1 (Bet Victor nrfb)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Tommy as you know i am a fan of ROAD TO RICHES as well but heard no news on him on where he go hope he goes for this race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Intended to back

First Lieutenant

for the Ryanair with BetVictor a couple of days ago at 10/1 but missed the boat. He’s now 7/1 with them, while Paddy Power have him at 13/2. Paddy Power need to get their act together however as they have him at 7/1 for either race.

To win any race at the festival
    First Lieutenant
    €10 win @ 7/1 (PP)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Tommy as you know i am a fan of ROAD TO RICHES as well but heard no news on him on where he go hope he goes for this race.

I’m convinced he’ll go for the Albert Bartlett Darren. He stayed on strongly last time out over three miles and connections have Rule The World for the Neptune.

He was strong today on Betfair, as TAPK would say somebody’s been reading this thread 8) :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I was really impressed with

Our Conor

on Saturday, he’s streets ahead of the Irish horses so is basically 6/1 to beat the English. Yes please.

Triumph Hurdle
    Our Conor
    €10 e/w @ 6/1 (BetVictor nrfb)

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Intended to back

First Lieutenant

for the Ryanair with BetVictor a couple of days ago at 10/1 but missed the boat. He’s now 7/1 with them, while Paddy Power have him at 13/2. Paddy Power need to get their act together however as they have him at 7/1 for either race.

To win any race at the festival
    First Lieutenant
    €10 win @ 7/1 (PP)

That does seem a little strange THM. :? Can’t think of a reason for Paddy Power offering a bigger price in that market.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Just found out I have a 2 day field trip with my college on the Tuesday & Wednesday of Cheltenham :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry:

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Just found out I have a 2 day field trip with my college on the Tuesday & Wednesday of Cheltenham :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry:

That sucks Tommy, 4 weeks to come up with an excuse not to go!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I know how you feel – I am stuck in St Petersburg all week!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

I need to go to Slovakia for work in March but have already told them there is one week they definitely won’t be seeing me!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

What colourful lives other Trfers lead. :mrgreen:
    Then again, boring lives has its own good points.
    Last time I missed the first day of the Cheltenham Festival, two "Browns" missed the start too. Dermott and Gazette.

Feel for you THM.
    How important is this field trip and how would they react if you missed it?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Feel for you THM.

After some digging it looks like I can’t get out of it :(

I’ll have the radio on a sneaky headphone, won’t be the same but better than nowt.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

You have still got time to get expelled……….. :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Feel for you THM.

After some digging it looks like I can’t get out of it :(

I’ll have the radio on a sneaky headphone, won’t be the same but better than nowt.

You know you wont achieve anything by going on a bloody field trip Tommy that you dont already know so the easiest way out is to catch Syphylis, but you need to let it spread around your mouth that way nobody will want to be near you and you can put your feet up and enjoy the festival………through a straw! I tried it myself once,Shagged 5 birds the week before and ended up with exhaustion! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Ryanair Chase
    Rubi Light
    €5 e/w @ 20/1 (BetVictor nrfb)

Main danger to First Lieutenant if there’s cut in the ground.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

If Paddy Power are willing to offer 20/1 on

Rule The World

through Oddschecker, then I’m willing to take it. Maybe I’ll get pulled up on this but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Neptune Hurdle
    Rule The World
    €10 e/w @ 20/1 (PP)

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 244 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.