The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Well done on boxing day mate just checked your thread i did Tommy

Am with you am sure our SDC will win gold cup what your thoughts on
    AUPCHARLIE,MONKSLAND and BLOOD COTIL

AUPCHARLIE i think got a chance in Jewson 10s looks a nice price am on BLOOD COTIL at 25s in triumph hurdle too and i think MONKSLAND can win world hurdle.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Hi Darren,

Was looking at the Jewson today and have to agree that Aupcharlie looks a good bet at 10/1. He ran a bit like Flemenstar on Friday and I think the 2m 4f of the Jewson will be perfect, and he has course form with a 3rd in the Champion Bumper a couple of years ago. He’s my Jewson horse at this stage anyway Darren :)

Monksland ran funny race. He looked cooked with half a mile to go before staying on powerfully to win well in the end. I backed him last year in the Neptune where he was perhaps slightly disappointing, but he’s got a chance in the World Hurdle.

Blood Cotil won well and I’m surprised he’s still available at 20/1 for the Triumph. I’ve yet to form a solid opinion on the race but he’s one I like.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Tommy you kept your hidden talent quiet, 0.44 on the link. Oh and is that Gord next to you with the guitar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IUlTKSGC3g

Blackbeard to conquer the World

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Tommy any thoughts on ROAD TO RICHES he my horse for Albert Bartlett
    at 20/1 with hills he looks a chaser all over but i think he up to the class of the best 3m hurdlers as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Tommy you kept your hidden talent quiet, 0.44 on the link. Oh and is that Gord next to you with the guitar?

Well spotted Nathan :lol:

Between you and me though Gord is hard to handle with that f…..g guitar! Can’t handle someone else being the main man :P

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Tommy any thoughts on ROAD TO RICHES he my horse for Albert Bartlett
    at 20/1 with hills he looks a chaser all over but i think he up to the class of the best 3m hurdlers as well.

I like Road To Riches Darren, looks a very nice horse. It’s hard to know what will run in the potato race at this stage, if Champagne Fever runs (which is probably less than a 50% chance) I think he’ll win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Champagne Fever

is long odds on to land the Slaney Novice Hurdle in 15 or so minutes and while I think he is too short for that, I think the 7/1 for the Neptune is a very fair price. He goes on any ground, stays and looks very uncomplicated. I get the feeling that he’ll be this year’s Mullins banker (apart from Quevega of course).

Neptune Novice Hurdle
    Champagne Fever
    €10 e/w @ 7/1 (PP)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Wow that was bad :shock:

• Total Posts 2440

He emptied surprisingly quickly, something must be amiss surely, seemed to just be bouncing up and down on the spot when beaten, winner did it well though!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Champagne Fever had a respiratory tract infection according to ATR Gaz, so at least we know that’s not his true ability. On a line through Minsk perhaps he would have struggled to beat the winner anyway. He looks a typical Gigginstown horse: 3 mile chaser.

Anybody know how serious a respiratory tract infection is? :|

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Tommy as you know i am a fan of the winner today talked with gord over this horse after maiden hurdle win. i like him in the neptune with Road To Riches in Albert Bartlett.And one of them will win RSA chase a season later with RULE THE WORLD winning in the gold cup.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

But Darren, Sir Des Champs will be winning the next three Gold Cups :lol:

Seriously though, he’s going to be a right good chaser next year. He will probably be better on better ground too. The worry is the way the race completely fell apart today. Champagne Fever wan like a drain while Minsk probably didn’t get home after pressing Champagne Fever the whole way. In heavy ground races at Naas finishing distances can be exaggerated imo as many end up not getting home. The race really fell into Rule The World’s lap but you’d imagine he would have won easily no matter how today’s race was run.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Sir Des Champs wins the next 2 gold cups before this horse comes along he will.

Which race you think he go for at festival.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well spotted Nathan :lol:

Between you and me though Gord is hard to handle with that f…..g guitar! Can’t handle someone else being the main man :P

Could a been worse and you guys saying I look like ‘The Couch’,Not had a blonde rinse for a while now!! :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Tommy do you have any thoughts on bumper at Cheltenham. i don’t know if you buy the weekender but they have racing post ratings in there and top rated bumper horse is DEFY LOGIC at 132. better than any Mullins horse and Golinda who won at weekend. any thoughts on this horse from the Nolan yard and any thoughts on race it self.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Hi Darren,

I backed Defy Logic when he won so I remember his run well. He was very impressive, and it what stood in my mind was the jockey actually came over from England just to ride him.

I’ve been impressed with Empiracle and Union Dues too. Union Dues showed a great turn of foot when he ran, reminded me of Cousin Vinny’s first bumper. I’ve a close relation to Empiracle so for that reason I’m hoping he’ll win :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

€10 treble on the three Ricci horses ta Thurles:

Djakadam 4/9
    Tarla 4/9
    Ballycasey 4/5 (boyles)

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 244 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.