This years Very Wood?

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 This years Very Wood?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by grey dolphin grey dolphin 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pointer
    Pointer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 147

Every year there is a horse of proven class that has a poor pre festival build up, goes off at a big price and duly p*sses in. The immediate feeling is ‘christ, that price was way too big and how the **** did I not stick something each way on it??’

This thread will aim to prevent that feeling!

Who’s your selection to be forgiven for poor mid-season form? Cue card, Bobs worth, Jezki, champagne fever?

I’m going to flag two to watch out for:
    – Tell us more – Neptune… All the characteristics of a good Cheltenham horse, stamina, solid jumper, bred to like decent ground. Was considered the best novice in the yard at the start of the year and
    – Blaklion – Albert Bartlett… Poor performance last time out but course and conditions were not to his liking, back at cheltenham on decent ground going up the hill will bring out the best in him

Shack1
    Shack1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

TUM not pleasing Mullins according to his interview today, won’t go unless he starts to please him in work.

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

I’m hoping TUM gets it together pretty quickly as I’ve a decent chunk on him for the Neptune. Three weeks is a long time in Mullins land.

Back on topic, I’m hoping it will be Josses Hill in the Arkle. Hopefully people will be saying "how did we let the Supreme second go off 14s in the Arkle".

Needs to learn how to jump first, mind.

The Young Fella
    The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2077

One of the Champion Chase headline horses: Sire De Grugy or Sprinter Sacre. I can’t see both or neither underperforming.

harvey2000
    • Total Posts 133

Sprinter Sacre….if he’s 90% he will win and everyone will be saying why did I not believe he could come back to anywhere near is best…..still 11/4 available after another upbeat bulletin from Henderson, and if he had won his last race he’d be 1/4 now….obviously still question marks, but that’s what this thread is about…..he’s the one to prove everyone wrong imo…

milbear0
    milbear0
    Participant
    • Total Posts 274

The tullow tank fits the bill.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15621

I think Uxizandre might qualify for this thread.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2109

Or Wicklow Brave. Although the starts didn’t help on a couple of occasions. Certainly helped his handicap though.

grey dolphin
    grey dolphin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 653

Not a winner, of course, but God’s Own was a crazy price at 40-1 on Tuesday morning. The Punchestown/Exeter form was easily the second strongest on offer in the race and with him getting his ground he was a knocking bet. Wish I’d had more than I did but when I went back for seconds I was greedy and went for the win!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.