The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

THEY won’t mention the ride….

Home Forums Horse Racing THEY won’t mention the ride….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

…by Maurice Linehan on Tarvini yesterday.

comments from the RP ‘live’ commentary:

(5 out) Dosen’t look entirely happy…pushed along…(4 out) A terrible mistake…hard ridden…looks in bother…in rear…(Final Flight) Drawing clear…wins well…

After the race Maurice said "As long as you keep at him he´ll do his best for you. He´s just lazy…"

THEY won’t mention the ride as young Maurice didn’t get a ‘you know what’ for using the ‘you know what’ more than ‘you know how many times’.

Well done young Maurice.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

He gave the horse a very similar ride at Huntingdon on 30th October, which impressed those of us who saw the ride.

He seems the perfect rider for the horse and both were excellent rides.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

Its great stuff this clone racing. :)

Can we get the BHA into Portsmouth Football Club please?

GodolphinArabian
    • Total Posts 275

If he hasent had lessons from McCoy .. I would be very surprised

ricky lake
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2999

love that one Cav , never mind its only pete being pompous again , after all his name is pompete …..the clue is in the first half :oops:

12 months from now Pete, Corm , and all other anti whip afficionado’s ..will be eating their words , lets see who laughs last

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

love that one Cav , never mind its only pete being pompous again , after all his name is pompete …..the clue is in the first half :oops:

12 months from now Pete, Corm , and all other anti whip afficionado’s ..will be eating their words , lets see who laughs last

You really like CR’s posts don’t you – I think we all get it by now. Have you ever thought what image your own ‘name’ conjures up?

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

its only pete being pompous again

:mrgreen:

I see you are still kissing Cav’s arse everytime he posts, sir. :D

Any NH ‘you know whats’ today, sir?

Rubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Great upcoming star…

Better than the all of the Nichols club put together.

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Rickster, any NH ‘you know whats’ today (Sunday) Sir?

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

Pompete,

Is that how decide if rules are any good? How many people break them on isolated days?
    If so, you should have been in favour of the old rules, as over 99.25% rides did not break the rules.

I refer you to the 2.55 at Taunton last Thursday to show you how rubbish the rules are. The stewards and BHA don’t even bother now about jockeys not giving enough effort as well as penalising those that do severely.

I’ve heard you say previously that you consider the BHA are doing a great job leading the world on the whip yet on the other hand you say Paul Roy [edit – cormack] should resign/be sacked. A bit of a contradiction there.
    Which people at the BHA do you actually admire and think are doing a good job as the final decision and the buck stops with Roy.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8181

Can someone explain what ‘hard ridden’ means please? I understand that the jockey didn’t use the whip, but says the horse is lazy, therefore how did he persuade him not to be lazy?

ricky lake
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2999

Pete , I could respond and bite your dangling little jelly snake ,,,but instead I will let you make a complete and total pratt of yourself

Carry on dear chap

Champion poster thou art !!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ricky :D

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Moehat, young Maurice did use the whip, hard ridden and a couple of reminders….great ride…but THEY don’t won’t to mention it….

Ricky, you are no fun :D

But, let’s be honest….the ‘End of the Worlders, Hat Jumpers, that bloke off the telly, that bloke off the telly’s mate, Yeeehaaa, who is not as good as that bloke off the telly but thinks he is, the 27 good 8 bad & the UNREAL Queenie.

Have been banging on for weeks and weeks how racing would grind to a halt as a result of these ‘Sensible and Responsible’ new rules – But what’s changed.

Did you not enjoy Saturday’s racing?

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

THEY wont mention the ride

PETE wont mention welfare

He’ll keep clutching at "lengths" and "enjoyment" and any other straw he can grab onto.

…are you having that one, Ricky? :)

elcartero
    Participant
    • Total Posts 861

Not only Tarvino……3 wins and a second from his last 4 rides!