The Village – Newcastle March 14th

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Group – Outlaw Tom & The Village The Village – Newcastle March 14th

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4244

The Village is entered in a 2m 0-100 Hands and Heels Handicap Hurdle at Newcastle on Saturday, the last race at 5.45. He will almost certainly run from out of the handicap being rated only 66 and currently weighted at 9-6.

Although the intention is to go for a novice handicap chase before long, this race will hopefully tell us if we have a glimmer of hope with the horse. I do hope he will put properly into the race and give him a bit of a test. I think previously there’s been concern following his breathing op, but things have to get serious before long as a decision on his future is likely to be made after the spring campaign.

Rob

burroughillburroughill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 102

Best of luck!

I'd like to live in a place where they cordon off swans...
    robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4244

Awaiting feedback on the run at Newcastle, but in its own modest way this was a step up on previous efforts. The Village got into a scrap for third place from two out but faded late on and was just pipped for the ‘pocket money’ fourth prize. Presumably the race will bring him on, he did at least get into a bit of a battle for places and he jumped nicely. I suspect slightly better going than soft would have helped and he should get drier ground going forward.

Rob

adminadmin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 669

I agree with your assessment Rob. it was a poor race but at least he showed a glimmer that something might be there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.