The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Return of the KING

Home Forums Horse Racing The Return of the KING

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

If you’re like me you’re probably getting withdrawel symptons but the long wait ends in the 2.20 at Lingfield on Friday when the king returns to the saddle.

Is anyone planning to go along to applaud him back into the paddock? This guy hasn’t left a course winnerless since, well it’s so long I can’t remember and I doubt Friday will be any different.

So all join me now in saying:

Welcome back King Richard and good luck on Wajanaat.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Nice one, Glenn. :D

Colin

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

I think Glenn is quite rightly over emotioned with the fact the return may well be on the future of racing, the polytrack.

Fair play.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Bravo….

The likes of Ryan Moore, Richard Hughes and .. yes, Dicky HIlls have been riding at the top of their game and banging in the winners for punters all season…

But have we seen their names splashed all over the Racing Post every day this week? Nope

It is going to be such a disappointment for the weak-minded Fallon lemmings when the realisation dawns that he is, after all, just a jockey. And – as I am sure even Fallon himself would confess, he is very unlikely to be returning at the peak of his powers on Friday. Professional sport just doesn’t work like that – it is likely to be weeks, if not months, until we see Fallon return to his best.

:roll:

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

But have we seen their names splashed all over the Racing Post every day this week? Nope

Books to be flogged, bookmaker specials to be peddled, pages of recycled written drivel to be paid for…

…just another week at the Racing Post surely?

No wonder Ryan Moore lives in a cave.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Fallon’s character assasination was surely found to be a case of suicide, no?

AndyRAC
    Participant
    • Total Posts 503

I thought I’d missed the news about Kicking King returning…… :oops:

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

It is going to be such a disappointment for the weak-minded Fallon lemmings when the realisation dawns that he is, after all, just a jockey.

Judging by the character assassinations we have witnessed on this forum over the last few weeks from people like your good self (RE-Fallon), the fact that as you state he is "just a jockey" would actually be a good place to start for the next person that starts the next annual bash Fallon thread. It seems he’s a bad human being who’s personality should be scrutinized when you feel like it but also "just a jockey" when it suits your ends.

Long may the gravy train continue, it won’t be long before the racing journo’s take up criminal psychology.

On the money, marble.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Well put, marb.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Glenn

R Hills is a mere pretender to the throne, the real King returns on Friday, (and TDK might be eating his words by Monday). :lol:

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Point me to the "character assassination" marble.

My position is quite clear – Fallon deserves another chance, but the media fawning over him in recent weeks has been totally inappropriate (but yet typical for the Racing media).

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

‘A day playing squash with Paddy Merrigan’ or ‘The Merrigan Mayhem’ haven’t been full length features on ATR though!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Glenn

R Hills is a mere pretender to the throne, the real King returns on Friday, (and TDK might be eating his words by Monday). :lol:

Forgive me, while I p*ss myself!. :lol: :lol:

jinnyj
    • Total Posts 141

254-1 treble for Fallon today – think he means business! :D

johnwark
    • Total Posts 2

I’m sick of the sound of his name already but he looked fantastic today, especially on his last winner

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

So – the guy rides three winners at one of the gaffs and…. ?

This is what the likes of Ryan Moore do week in, week out….

I think Paul Hayward of the Guardian made a telling remark the other day – he commented that

it was a measure of racing’s

desperation

to retain its place in our sporting culture that Fallon has been welcomed back, by many Flat racing professionals, as the one household name capable of catching the outside world’s attention…

Summed up perfectly.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

Another great display by

The King

today at Folkestone – a 100% strike rate, following on from a second group one winning Sunday in a row.

All this and a strike rate better than one in four in handicaps this year. Who else comes close?

Let’s keep this thread on topic lads and not just talk about any old jockey just because he’s got a couple of winners at some gaff that day.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.