The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Racing Paper

Home Forums Horse Racing The Racing Paper

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mulls74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 148

I don’t see how any niche publication could charge £1 these days.
    Even local weeklies that are packed with adverts charge that amount and more. Consider that the publisher only gets around half the cover price and has to pay for print and distribution as well as content.
    Other than independent newsagents, all other retailers like chain newsagents, supermarkets, garages etc also charge fees just for putting the paper on the shelf.
    The columnists etc make up no more than 10% of the overall cost of producing the paper so even having a paper with almost no editorial in it, which would be strange, wouldn’t bring down the price by more than about 10p.
    You could knock the pagination back to 48 pages without the columns to knock another 10p off. So even the most stark paper with just cards and form would have to charge £1.70.
    The only way it could be cheaper is if the racing/betting industry supported it with advertising spend. And we know how likely that is!

adminadmin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 731

check

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2912

What happened to this rag? I saw and heard little about it, before, during and after.

Whatever, I expect a significant drop in Racing Post sales since the last price rise.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2581

Its still going yeats. signed up Mccririck the other day

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.