The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Oaks 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion The Oaks 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If conditions were too quick over the distance, Myles, John Gosden would have said she simply didn’t have the pace. As it was he said ‘she hated the ground’, which would seem to indicate that fast conditions don’t suit her full stop.

With the ground unlikely to suit, and doubts about her stamina, she’s a massive lay.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Another fast ground horse wins.

Come on, Perfect Truth…please.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Actually, John Gosden has just said, in a BBC interview, that the ground at Newmarket was like the M11.
    Ignore him at your peril. :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Shocked, Perfect Truth didn’t even handle the course. Can’t quite believe it.

Sariska’s put in a wonderful performance though.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Wonderful in the sense that she didn’t handle the course in the slightest, Zarkava – she’s knocked in to a couple (although Phillipina was already hanging anyway) but has to rate better a fair bit better than the head winning margin.

I’m just disappointed I trebled her up with Seeking The Buck and Look Here.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

So very close for Midday. I thought Cecil’s filly was going to get there coming into the last furlong.

Faster time than the Coronation Cup there – Loads of these fillies will come out and win well next time. High Heeled ran a cracker!

Thats the second short-margin loser for me today but what a fantastic days racing.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

I had Miracle Seeker, a formline similar this year would be High Heeled, but she was beaten with no excuses by Sariska.

The strongest formline gives you the winner and 3rd at 33/1.

• Total Posts 1511

Do we all accept Rainbow View hasnt trained on now?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

No, not for a second. She’s a May 21st foal and hasn’t quite seen out the trip. Would like to see her rested and brought back for the Nassau.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Pivotal now has to be taken seriously as a Classic stallion at any distance. All he needs now is a Leger winner and it certatinly would be the case.

Highland Park next year who knows.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Faster time than the Coronation Cup there – Loads of these fillies will come out and win well next time. High Heeled ran a cracker!

Was always going to be the case though with no pace being set in the Coronation.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

In regards to The Derby,, backers of Age Of Aquriaus and Montaff maybe feeling a little happier with them both posting faster times than Midday at Lingfield and if Mick Channon is that confiedent his colt will improve he could be worth value at 50/1.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Was always going to be the case though with no pace being set in the Coronation.

Absolutely – The Oaks was run faster than the standard times for both CC and the Oaks too though.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’m a tiny bit angry with myself after saying Sariska would win whether Rainbow View stayed or not but you put down your money and take your chances.

Midday ran a cracker but Sariska always had her measure.

Must admit compered to Look Here’s run in the Coronation I was a tiny bit disappointed in the quality but only time will tell.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Do we all accept Rainbow View hasnt trained on now?

Not a case of not trained on mate, more like she’s meeting better fillies now.

Combination of not good enough and ran out of stamina,simple as! She got a slight knock and folded like a horse who didn’t stay. Being honest she wouldn’t have beat the winner at any distance IMO

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Shocked, Perfect Truth didn’t even handle the course. Can’t quite believe it.

Sariska’s put in a wonderful performance though.

Agreed Z but Perfect Truth? Def a winner for someone is my guess :roll:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Had Sariska handled the course, Fist, I’m fairly sure she’d have routed that field – she cruised in to a share of the lead rounding the bend and won despite, effectively, going to pieces.

A smart performance, all things considered.

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.