The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Oaks 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion The Oaks 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

O Wise One

can you lead us from darkness into light by providing us with the winner of the Chester Cup?

Gerald, Modesty forbids me being an Aftertiming B*****d, i hope you got
    the 10/1 mate!

• Total Posts 4293

No – I must be a bit of a headbanger – combination of Barry Hills and 10/1 favourite put me off. Put my money on Ajaan, the second instead, plus some later bets. I need to develop the habit of backing shortpriced horses – is there any therapy available?

BennyB
    • Total Posts 235

Thought Midday ran an outstanding trial yesterday – worthy of sharing favouritism I’d say.

Mr Cecil knows a thing or two about Oaks fillies too….

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Thought Midday ran an outstanding trial yesterday – worthy of sharing favouritism I’d say.

Mr Cecil knows a thing or two about Oaks fillies too….

She did indeed Benny, but to go 8/1 fav i am not quite sure! July Jasmine
    was just getting her act together, when the race was over! 33/1!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

She was mentioned on another forum where it was said she would be ideal for The Ribblesdale; will check out what was said….reading it again they said that Midday was the one for The Oaks and that they thought July Jasmine was more of a Ribblesdale type [they seem to have connections with Juddmonte Farm].

• Total Posts 1537

I’ve not given this race much thought yet, but i’ll be looking out to see if Rainbow View is in because she will still be top filly this season !

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Midday looked a class filly at Lingfield, and for me, has an outstanding chance of winning the Oaks.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Personally I think the Lingfield Trial form is pretty rubbish in terms of the Oaks and think Midday is pretty poor value at around 7/1. Really liked the effort of the runner-up, and if she’d have been put into the race, I think she’d have given the winner a tough time. I’d be confident Just Jasmine will be rated higher at the end of the year than Midday.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

With Leocorno most liley to miss the Oak the bookies immeiedately start taking the piss again :lol:

All of a sudden the completely unfancied SMS second strings Enticement odds have been halved from 20/1 to 10/1and you can bet they haven’t taken 200 quid on the horse.

Some even have Fantasia in their betting and she won’t go anywhere near Epsom.

Midday was impressive ok but would have been a damn site more impressive if SMS’s under the same ownership had been put into the race earlier. I would have thought SMS will know just how good the form is as Enticement has already beaten Midday and he must know how she compares to July Jasmine who finished very strongly.

I think the form of that race could be suspect and Rainbow View is very well priced at 6/1. I din’t like this filly last year but she looked better to me in defeat at 3 than when she was winning as a 2 year old.

I’m prepared to take the chance she will get the trip and have a major bet back ew. She the only horse Ihave seen this year who looks like she could have the makings of a champion.

If she does get the trip, with SMS main hope gone I think she’ll prove a class above the restand if she doesn’t she must still have a fair chance of a place.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Big night tonight for TAPK, 7,20pm at Naas, the Beauty of Gwaun makes her reappearance in a 11/4m fillies race for 3-4yo, this will be an ideal test
    to see if she really is an Oaks filly, running against the likes of Chinese White! An impressive performance will see her vying for favouritism, its very
    rare to see such an inexperienced filly take on a 4yo at this stage of her career!

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

The bookies cut Leocorno to 12’s to 9’s yesterday, I found that quite odd.

I hope she gets better from her injury.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Actually only two bookies cut her to single figures, some firms pushed her to 25’s.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Don’t know what you O’Gwaun fans make of that.

Turning for home she looked under pressure but the field fanning out gave her a way through.

She picked up really well in the final few furlongs to battle the finish out with a 50/1 shot. Drifted left towards the finish but kept her head in front.

The Humpty Dancer
    • Total Posts 45

Turning for home she looked under pressure but the field fanning out gave her a way through.

She picked up really well in the final few furlongs to battle the finish out with a 50/1 shot. Drifted left towards the finish but kept her head in front.

As a Sariska fan and backer for both today and he Oaks, I watched with intrigue. The performance didn’t exactly have me tearing my slip up, but equally, she seemed to be getting the hang of things right at the business end.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well lets start by saying she is well named Halfway, she has her Dads head for sure, she ran green as grass over a trip too short, handled the
    ground no problem and won unconvincingly! As i have already said you need Stamina to win the Oaks and she has plenty,i wouldn"t like to see her running on fast ground though, so i shall be doing a bit of a rain dance
    from now to Epsom! Sariska was impressive today and her undoing would
    be the cambers of Epsom, being such a big filly, she has a lot of speed in her for an Oaks sort, but she certainly looks like staying a 11/2m!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

BS her undoing will be if one foou her legs fall off. VVV nice filly and worth fav. Mind you mat nothing wrong with wishful thinking, but would advice you t okeep it to yourself :)

If Rainbow View doesn’t stay she wins

If Rainbow View does stay she will probably still win.

Impressed me!

• Total Posts 1537

I obviously like Sariska, but i’ve got a slight preference for Rainbow View for the Oaks. I wish i knew if she was gonnae run though so i could have a bet while i have the money for an ante post.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.