The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Mike Tyson of horse racing?

Home Forums Horse Racing The Mike Tyson of horse racing?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Woodsley House at Thirsk saturday;

Steadied start, held up in rear, headway when attempted to bite rival 1f out, stayed on, not reach leaders

Gaining an edge through intimidation! Clever horse

• Total Posts 2440

His intimidation didnt get him anywhere though.

Just seen the replay, naughty horse.

:lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

It was rather amusing, maybe it would be a skill better used in a close finish :)

• Total Posts 2440

They’re funny characters are horses, they all have their own personality and little ‘quirks’.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7254

I wonder if he’s some distant relation of Ubedizzy?

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Don’t say you’ve all forgotten Moonax trying to bite Always Earnest in the 1995 Prix du Cadran!! Cost him a second victory in the race as he went down by a short head.

Fantastic horse, that one… a year later he threw the race away again – tried to buck Dettori off on the way down to the start, and then swerved across the course when starting to run on. Think he was beaten about a length that time.

Such a shame he died relatively young.

(or am I showing my age..)

Participant
    • Total Posts 49

And wasn’t it Luchiroverte who tried to take a chunk out of Machievallian? :lol:

(can’t remember where or when….. :oops: )

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Geoff Wragg trained another such animal…a stayer also I believe. Forget its name though. Ran in the dark blue silks with white sleeves. Oh whats his name….anyone?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

And wasn’t it Luchiroverte who tried to take a chunk out of Machievallian? :lol:

(can’t remember where or when….. :oops: )

It wasn’t, but I’ll try to work out who it was.

• Total Posts 602

Geoff Wragg trained another such animal…a stayer also I believe. Forget its name though. Ran in the dark blue silks with white sleeves. Oh whats his name….anyone?

Arcadian Heights?

Darren – AngloGerman

‘The Hungarian’s going hell for leather’ – Jim McGrath

Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Thank you Darren, it was in fact Arcadian Heights that tried to eat Machiavellian……. my memory is even worse than I thought…… :oops: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Arcadian Heights?

Darren – AngloGerman

‘The Hungarian’s going hell for leather’ – Jim McGrath

Indeed. Owned by John Pearce, whose horses now run for Michael Bell. Marinsky was another to bite the jockey of a rival during a race. Ubedizzy had the bad grace to savage his own lad.

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

Don’t say you’ve all forgotten Moonax trying to bite Always Earnest in the 1995 Prix du Cadran!! Cost him a second victory in the race as he went down by a short head.

Fantastic horse, that one… a year later he threw the race away again – tried to buck Dettori off on the way down to the start, and then swerved across the course when starting to run on. Think he was beaten about a length that time.

Such a shame he died relatively young.

(or am I showing my age..)

Ah, bless him. i remember when he won the Yorkshire Cup, in the unsaddling enclosure afterwards defying any one daft enough to ge near his hind legs. He was just longing to belt someone, the little so and so.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Right, now I’m thinking about naughty monkey horses…

Who was the horse that used to run in the yellow with black epaulets (one of the Arab owners?) called May-something who was an absolute menace in the stalls? He was hugely talented but really couldn’t be bothered at times. I think he got banned like Spanish Moon so ran in France for awhile.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9098

Did they end up running Arcadian Heights with a sort of muzzle or is my memory playing tricks with me?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Who was the horse that used to run in the yellow with black epaulets (one of the Arab owners?) called May-something who was an absolute menace in the stalls? He was hugely talented but really couldn’t be bothered at times. I think he got banned like Spanish Moon so ran in France for awhile.

Maylane; trained by Alec Stewart. Won the September Stakes when it was transferred to Epsom if I recall correctly.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Maylane; trained by Alec Stewart. Won the September Stakes when it was transferred to Epsom if I recall correctly.

That’s the fella! Thanks.

His form makes great reading:
    http://www.racingpost.co.uk/darley/darl … _id=455747

How many horses have two URs in their flat form (especially two deliberate ones)? He has 7 "reluctant to race" comments, probably as many "dwelt" or "slowly away".

I forgot they tried him over hurdles – he didn’t consent to set off on either occasion. Quite amazed he was persisted with til he was 8!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.